December 2023: First Snowfall

Welcome to #JustWriteBits!

 Storytelling can be expressed in diverse ways. Sometimes, through dance and music, but most of the time through writing. We're back with another challenge for this month. Tell us a story with exactly 100 words using the prompt below. Are you up for the challenge? 

PROMPT

As the first snowfall occurs, they usher in the most magical time of the year. Write about an experience you think brings a positive light to the holidays in 100 words only.

RULES & GUIDELINES

◦ Deadline for submission will be on December 31st 2023 11:59PM EST.

◦ Word count should be exactly 100 words.

◦ All entries should be in English. As much as we want to cater to other languages, we can only provide our support in the English language.

◦ Your entry must be a brand-new story for this challenge. You can publish your entry as a standalone or as a part of your short story collection.

◦ You may choose to write in any genre you prefer, as long as your story is connected to the provided prompt.

◦ Multiple submissions are allowed, but only one story has the chance to be featured.

◦ Mature content is NOT allowed. All stories must adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

◦ Submissions must be made via THIS FORM.

◦ Feel free to share your story in the comment section after submission to let others check out your story!

CHALLENGE INCENTIVES

◦ A shout out from the justwriteit profile with over 17k followers.

◦ The best stories can earn a place in the #JustWriteBits anthology.

◦ A chance to be featured in our #JWBits Achievers reading list if it's a standalone.

***

We ask that you keep the Wattpad Code of Conduct in mind when participating and that all entries adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

Feel free to visit the Safety Portal at any time to learn more about keeping safe on Wattpad.

Challenge Disclaimer

Please note that this challenge and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said challenge is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse challenge entries that we feel do not meet the required criteria or contain potentially triggering material. We are not obliged to give feedback related to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges will not be tolerated and may be reported to Wattpad's Trust and Safety team for their inspection.