01 , percy gets in trouble (surprise!)

CHAPTER ONE:
PERCY GETS IN TROUBLE (SURPRISE!)

The real villain was probably Nancy Bobofit.

I was about ready to strangle her. I know you're thinking I'm being dramatic, but I just got hit in the face by another piece of cheese. That makes three.

Three pieces of cheese. On my face.

"I'm going to kill her." I heard my, also extremely dramatic, brother say as I peeled the piece of cheese off of my forehead.

"It's okay. I like peanut butter." Grover said as he wiped some peanut butter out of his hair.

"I hate cheese" I mumbled pulling a piece out of my eyebrow. Grover looked up, probably about to say something poetic or something, just in time to dodge another piece of Nancy's sandwich.

"That's it." Percy started to get up, but Grover, who sat beside him, pulled him back into his seat.

"You're already on probation," he reminded him. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens." He looked over at me "you to"

"I hate cheese" I'm serious. If there was one thing I hated more then Nancy Bobofit, it was cheese. Or onions.

"But You're right" I also hate agreeing with Grover, it's nothing against him, I just don't like it. "I'm not getting in trouble again. Especially for her"

Looking back on it, I wish I'd just decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there.

Mr. Brunner led the museum tour. He was probably the only teacher that didn't make me wanna through myself out a window.

He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.

I am honestly surprised things like this have survived so long in this careless world.

He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides. I was trying to listen to what he had to say, because it was kind of interesting, but everybody around me was talking, and with my ADHD it was kinda hard to focus on him while other conversation where echoing through the room.

I could tell Percy was having the same problem because every now and then I'd hear him mumbled a 'shut up' to the people behind us. Which led to an evil glare from the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds.

Mrs. Dodds was our math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket, even though she was fifty years old. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. She had come to Yancy halfway through the year, when our last math teacher had a nervous breakdown.

From her first day, Mrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured percy and I were devil spawns. She would point her crooked finger at us and say, "Now, honey," real sweet, and I knew we were going to get after-school detention for a month.

Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art. Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and percy turned around and said, "Will you shut up?"

It clearly came out louder than he meant it to.

The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story.

"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?" I gave percy my 'busted' look before turning back to the old man.

His face was totally red. I so would have made fun of him if the teacher wasn't right there.