12 , I can't swim

CHAPTER TWELVE:
I CAN'T SWIM

      I sat against the railing, my legs hanging between two bars, and my eyes drifting through the dark waves in the ocean.

      "Sorry, again" Percy said after quietly sneaking up behind me. "For the whole Guinea pig thing"

      I laughed "it's fine, I've always known you weren't the brightest"

      He sat down beside me, his back against the rail "it's just...she said somethings, and they really got to me so—"

      I cut him off "you don't have to explain yourself Percy. I get it"

      He looked like he wanted to say something but hesitated. I knew what he was think because i was thinking it too. "you're thinking of Tyson aren't you?" I asked.

      He looked down "the whole time we knew each other I felt ashamed"

      I placed my hand on his shoulder "I've been ashamed of you my whole life" I said earning an annoyed look from Percy. "Sorry" I paused "you regret it right?"

      He nodded.

      "Well, I know Tyson would forgive you"

      He sighed "he's too nice" he turned around sliding his legs through two openings. "So are you"

      I looked over at him a little confused "did you just call me nice" I almost laughed.

      I like to say I'm nice all the time because, when it comes down to important things, I can be really nice. Percy, however, has always believed I was hades born again, but I'm his sister, so he's supposed to think that.

      "You can be" He smiled.

      Calling me (his sister) nice, was the equivalent of calling me a failure.

      "If you couldn't breath underwater I would so drown you right now" he laughed as I pushed his head to the side.

      It went quiet for a minute, both of us staring out into the sea, watching as the waves crashed against the side of the boat and the sun disappeared behind the sea.

      "How is that going" he asked.

      I turned back to him confused again "how's what going?"

      "The whole, being scared of the water thing" he looked away from the water and towards me with his big brother stare.

      I rolled my eyes "well, I try not to think of it because it makes me wanna barf, and I don't want to do that" I spaced out a little.

      There was a loud bang come from the other side of the ship. Percy and I shared a look before hopping up and going to check out what was going on.

      On the other deck, Annabeth stood by the rail looking out at the ocean with what looked like really old binoculars, and Estella and Aella looked to be bowling with random stuff they found on the ship.

      After sharing a loud high-five the two girls turned to us as we entered the area.

      "I'm winning" Aella widely smiled clapping her hands together.

      I wanted to crumble to dust just from looking at her smile. She seemed so happy by such a small thing, and it made me so happy that she found something to be happy while we were sailing into a nest of monsters that have probably killed many of our relatives.