14 , guess who's back?

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
GUESS WHO'S BACK

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus gloated.

Estella and Aella had caught up to us moments ago. Estella gave clarisse a hug and Aella offered her a smile but gave Grover a hug.

We crept to the cave entrance and saw the Cyclops, grinning wickedly, holding up empty air.

The monster shook his fist, and a baseball cap fluttered to the ground. There was Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Annabeth struggled, but she looked dazed. She had a nasty cut on her forehead. Her eyes were glassy.

"I'll rush him," Percy whispered. "Our ship is around the back of the island. You guys—"

"No way," we said at the same time. Clarisse had armed herself with a highly collectible rams-horn spear from the Cyclops's cave. Grover had found a sheep's thigh bone, which he didn't look too happy about, but he was gripping it like a club, ready to attack, Aella and I had our ring sword things, and Estella had grabbed her sword from somewhere.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse growled.

"Yeah," Grover said. Then he blinked, like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse about something

"All right," he said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

We nodded. We'd all taken the same training courses at Camp Half-Blood. We knew what he was talking about. We would sneak around either side and attack the Cyclops from the flanks while Percy held his attention in the front. Probably what this meant was that we'd all die instead of just him.

He hefted his sword and shouted, "Hey, Ugly!" The giant whirled toward him. "Another one? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you."

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool!" Percy was never the best at name calling. "I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again."

"RAAAR!" he bellowed as we slipped behind the rocks in the cave.

The good news: he dropped Annabeth. The bad news: he dropped her headfirst onto the rocks, where she now laid motionless as a rag doll.

The other bad news: Polyphemus barreled toward Percy, a thousand smelly pounds of Cyclops that he would have to fight with a very small sword.

Aella had split straight towards Annabeth the second she hit the ground, so that left Me, Grover, Estella, and clarisse.

I was the first to charge forward.

I went to swing my sword at his hip, or the back of his knee, but he swung his hand out to block me causing me to just stab his hand then fall to the ground.