~3~

"Alea," I turned my gaze to my beautiful mom, her curls cascading on her shoulders and a pretty smile that could take away any pain from my shoulders

"Mamma!" I exclaimed, hugging her close, not wanting to be away from her. She was my only safe place.

"My baby," she caressed my head with her motherly affection, and I melted into it.

"Mamma, how are you? Is everything good?" I asked.

"You left in the morning, Alea, baby," she chuckled and ruffled my hair. I giggled.

"I know, but I love you so much that I want to know you're okay or not," I said, settling at the dining table, finding it filled with Italian food.

We are Italians from Vicenza city. We used to live there. My mamma is half Italian and half Korean, and my father was Italian.

Yeah, he was. He died two months ago, leaving his amore and his little sweetie pie alone with tears in their eyes.

After he left, my mamma was not the same as before. She loved him with all her heart; their love was so beautiful. My papa always admired my mamma.

I always tried to lift her mood and give her all my love.

"How was your day, sweetheart?" she asked.

"Exhausted. All I did was study and met with cool guys and a stupid guy," I huffed, stuffing pasta into my mouth.

She laughed, and I loved how she laughed.

"It's fine, sweetie. We all encounter people like that," she said, caressing my hair, and I pouted.

"What Is Business Ethics?

By definition, business ethics refers to the standards for morally right and wrong conduct in business. Law partially defines the conduct, but “legal” and “ethical” aren’t necessarily the same. Business ethics enhances the law by outlining acceptable behaviors beyond government control.

The lecture continued until the bell rang.

I was on my way to the canteen, and I just hate crowds; it makes me sick. I hate their glances over me. Well, I hate myself too.