~9~

I found myself back in my home, or rather, hell, where that witch stood with her hands on her hips, glaring at me with her demonic eyes

"Why are you always late, Taehyung? Aren't you tired of being trouble?" I rolled my eyes. Here we go again.

This woman, who claims to be my stepmom, orders me around like she owns me, like she can make me a puppet of her will.

"No, Mrs. Kim, I love making you angry, raising your blood pressure, and seeing you want to die fast, you know," I said, tossing my shoes and plopping onto the couch with my feet on the table, making the witch grit her teeth and shout, "How dare you!" She slapped my cheek, and though my heart burned in anger, I just smiled, making her wince. "I dared from my mouth, Mrs. Kim, and I will again. Just wait for the day when my father, whom you claim to be your husband, will throw you out of this house and hand me the throne of the Kims," I spat, then stormed out.

I couldn't stay close to her. I couldn't. She's the reason my mom died. She's the reason I'm suffering today. She's the reason for my coldness.

I just want to complete my graduation and claim the Kim name as I deserve. I've had enough of her bullshit, and after this year, I'll graduate and throw her out of the mansion—no, not just the mansion, but out of my life.

I walked angrily and unbothered, not caring about anything, and sat in the garden. I will take everything that is mine. Every-fucking-thing.

Morning arrived, and I reached the college with a headache and back pain. I didn't know when I fell asleep in that damn garden.

I moved forward only to find Aelda with Jungkook, giggling and laughing together.

I know I shouldn't feel anything, but her presence always bothers me. Her presence always makes me lose my mind. The way her fragrance—I still remember. It's getting quite difficult to ignore her presence.

I still remember the softness of her skin when she held my hand, tending to my injury. I felt so blessed at that time, as if I was truly ready to do anything.

Never—never in my life have I ever felt this way towards a girl, but damn, she made me feel like a mad guy.

Clenching my fist, I made my steps closer to her, where she was standing. I stood in front of her, a small smirk plastered on my face. She looked at me, her hazel eyes meeting my dark brown ones, and I was starstruck. Fuck—she is so beautiful.

I gulped and smiled. "Hey, Aelda, Miss Smith is calling you, so let's go." She was about to say something, but I didn't let her, gripping her hand and swiftly taking her with me. "Hey, what—whoa!" she screamed, but it didn't affect me. I don't care. I just don't want her to be with anyone.

AELDA

What the hell is wrong with me? How the hell can he drag me wherever and whenever he wants? I kept struggling in his grip. Why the hell is he holding me so tightly?

"Taehyung, let go of my hand," I said, trying to yank my hand away, but his iron grip didn't release me. He just glared at me, his dark orbs staring into mine with an intensity that I couldn't comprehend. What is wrong with him?

"Ta—" as I was about to question his behavior, he pulled me closer, and my back hit the wall of a quiet corner in the college. I gasped when his face was inches from mine. I couldn't comprehend the situation. It was all so sudden.

I gulped when I found him looking down at my lips. Oh, fuck—is he going to kiss me? No way.

But he leaned back, his hands caging me between his hands and the wall, and I inhaled sharply before asking, "What are you even doing?" I asked.

He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't even hear. "What?" He bored his piercing eyes into me, pinning me with his dark gaze.

I gulped. Why is he behaving like this? And why does it make my heart flutter so much? "What are you doing tonight?" he asked. I frowned and was about to reply, but he cut me off. "Nevermind. I don't care. I'll pick you up at 6 from your home. Be ready," I widened my eyes.

What the hell is he even saying?

"What? I'm not going—"

He chuckled and said, "You will," and kissed my cheek. I felt myself freeze.

D-did he just kiss me? OMG!

I was shocked, didn't know what to say. It was all so sudden. How could he just drag me here and ask me to go with him? And did he just kiss me?

Aahhhhhh!

I am screaming from inside, but from outside, I am all frozen. It's only been 2 months since meeting him, and he just—

Oh God.

"I'm not going with you anywhere, Taehyung. Get that inside your head," I said, trying to remove him from my body. Why is he even doing this, and whyyyyyyyy?

"You will, Aelda, because I already told your mom, and she said yes. See, even your mom is also okay with it," he said, making my face go open in disbelief.

"Why are you even doing this, Taehyung?" I asked, my eyes pinned to his dark ones that held so many dark emotions, making my skin crawl. Why is he so intimidating?

"Because—" he said before leaning closer to my left ear, sending shivers down my spine. I felt goosebumps erupting on my skin. I inhaled sharply. It's too much. It's too much. But his next words made my mind go numb.

"I want to know why you're messing with my mind. I want to know why I'm getting so fucking obsessed with you."