~8~

As we stood there, confusion enveloped me, unsure of what he meant by wanting a favor

As we stood there, confusion enveloped me, unsure of what he meant by wanting a favor. I squinted my eyes, studying him with suspicion.

"What favor do you want from me?" I asked, my voice tinged with defensiveness. He stared back with a small smirk, deepening my suspicion.

"Look, I won't do any absurd things, okay?" I asserted, but he scoffed, folded his arms, and fixed me with his dark gaze. "Why would you think that I will ask you to do anything absurd?" his sly smirk widened. "Come with me," he commanded, grabbing my hand and leading me into the library.

Why did he always drag me wherever he pleased? And why did it make my heart skip a beat? I knew I should stay away from him, but for some reason, I always found myself getting closer to him. Yet, deep down, I acknowledged that such closeness wasn't feasible. Things never unfolded the way we wished; they always leaned towards the opposite.

Inside the library, we settled in a quiet spot. He gestured-or rather, ordered-me to sit, and I huffed as I obeyed. He opened his bag, pulling out notes and files.

"Complete my assignments from these notes," he instructed, placing them in front of me. I gasped in disbelief. "What!" I exclaimed, only to be silenced by the librarian's stern gaze. I muttered an apology and glared at him, but he remained unfazed. He pointed to his files and notes.

"I did you a favor last night, as you were saying right chubs?" he leaned back, spreading his legs apart. I gulped nervously, questioning his intentions. I turned my attention to his files, picked them up, and made a move to leave. However, he swiftly made me sit down again. My eyes widened, and a flush of red adorned my cheeks.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whispered, almost yelling. He raised a brow, came closer to my face, and responded, "I don't trust you with my assignment. So, we'll do my assignment with you sitting here in front of me. That way, you can't pull any nonsense with it." He handed me a pen, and I aggressively snatched it while he scoffed, leaned back, and immersed himself in scrolling through his phone. I looked ahead and huffed. He was undeniably annoying.

I I continued working on his assignment while he remained engrossed in his phone, ignoring my comment about his penchant for gaming. I fake cried, putting on a show of frustration, and returned to the task at hand.