~6~

AUTHOR'S POV

AUTHOR'S POV

"No need for that," Taehyung muttered under his breath, looking away from her.

"Why not?" she frowned. "You are injured, Taehyung, and it needs to be treated," she insisted.

He smirked, leaning back on the chair. "Why? Are you worried about me, chubs?" he replied with a mischievous grin.

Rolling her eyes, she simply grabbed his hand, sending sensations throughout his body. Her hands held his carefully, rolling up the sleeves to reveal a sizable cut on his forearm. She gasped, concerned.

Taehyung, however, remained indifferent. His focus shifted to the softness of her hands, the tempting closeness between them, and the desire to pull her even closer and kiss her passionately. He gulped, feeling the discomfort of being drawn to her, but resisting the urge to be a pervert.

Sighing harshly, he attempted to pull his hand away, but she glared at him, scoffing in amusement. "Stay still, it needs to be disinfected," she commanded. Aelda began to rub alcohol over the wound and wrapped it with bandages.

Throughout the process, Taehyung remained silent, his gaze fixed on her every move. Every touch she applied elicited butterflies in his stomach. He felt strangely helpless under her spell, questioning why she affected him so much.

As she finished, she raised her head to find him still gazing at her. She gulped, throwing the remaining wrappers and cotton away. Neither of them knew how fate brought them together-it was like they were dancing with destiny.

She avoided his gaze and took a seat on the chair. A comfortable silence settled between them, but he continued to gaze at her, unsure of what to do next. She eventually got up, stating, "I think I should take my leave."

Interrupting her, he asked, "And how will you go?"

Looking back at him, she pondered. He was right; how would she go? It was already past 1 am, and her mom must be worried about her. Just then, he made a call, "Yes, please, thanks." Ending the call, he got up and held her hand.

Her breath hitched as she looked at him in bewilderment. "What-" Without saying anything, he dragged her along.

"Hey, where are you taking me-" Her protests were ignored as he continued guiding her. They didn't walk far and reached a car parked in front of the party venue. Taehyung opened the backseat door on the right side. "Hey, uh, whoa," she squeaked as he pushed her into the car, making her sit. She glared at him, and he reciprocated with a piercing gaze, leaning down to her. "Shut the fuck up; I'm just helping you," he husked in his deep voice.

"I didn't ask you, did I?" she retorted.

He placed his non-injured hand above her head on the car, leaning down close to her face. "I don't care about it," he replied, staring back into her black orbs and moving even closer. Her eyes widened, and she instinctively moved backward.