Chapter 7

Jessie pov

"Hey sorry, I took so long" I apologized.

"No worries sweetie, so Tasha, Gabby, and Vanessa, this is my beautiful daughter Jessie" mom introduced.

They all smiled at me and I smiled back at them.

"Hello, so nice to meet you all" I greeted kindly.

"What a kind girl, you must be very pleased Miyamoto" Tasha comment.

"I sure am" mom smiled softly.

"And this is my son Mondo" Vanessa introduced.

Then a guy that was around my age appeared and he smiled at me.

"Hello, so nice to meet you Jessie"

He held out his hand and I shook it, but when I did, for some reason his cheeks turned red, I wonder why?

"Shall we eat?"

We all nodded and we sat down at the table, my mom mostly talked to her friends.

"So Jessie, your mom has told me and my mom all about you, I just want to say that you seem very interesting and beautiful too"

I felt a little uncomfortable when he said I was beautiful, I know he's being nice but I'm used to James saying that to me.

"Well uh...thanks for the compliment, that's very nice of you" I say in a grateful tone but I was trying to hide my discomfort since I didn't want to be impolite because mom would probably get mad and I don't want that.

We all talked and ate for a while and after dinner, mom told me to take Mondo to my room, I really didn't want to but I had no choice.

"You're room is very nice" Mondo comment.

"Thank you"

"So, what do you do for a living?"

"My mom won't let me get a job, she's pretty protective of me" I chuckled nervously.

"Parents can be annoying sometimes when it comes to that" Mondo chuckled.

"Yeah I agree" I nodded.

"So Jessie, has your mom told you the news?"

I was confused.

"What news?"

"Oh, I guess she hasn't"

"What news are you talking about?" I ask in confusion and curiosity.

"I would tell you but your mom probably wants to be the one to tell you"

"Oh...okay"

What he's doing?

He kept telling me about himself and I really wanted this to be over because I wanted to talk to James.

After a while, we heard my mom call us back into the living room.

"So Jessie, are you and Mondo getting along good?"

"Um...yes, he's a pretty nice person" I comment with a fake smile.

"That's great to hear dear"

"So does this mean that we're gonna hear wedding bells?" Vanessa asks in excitement.

I was really confused.

"Wedding bells?"

"That's right and Mondo, welcome to the family"

"Huh?"

"Jessie, me and Vanessa talked this over and you are getting to the age of needing a husband, so we decided to arrange you and Mondo to be married"

I thought my eyes were gonna pop out.

"What?" I gasped in horror.