Chapter 8

Jessie pov

"But mom, why do I have to marry him?"

"Jessie, you're at the age to be married and Mondo is such a great guy so I thought he was perfect for you"

"I don't want to marry him mom"

"Why not dear?"

"Because um...um"

I know I couldn't tell her about my relationship with James.

"Since you don't have a reason, it's settled and we'll start the wedding plans next week"

After everyone left, I tried to beg mom to call off the engagement.

"Mom, I'm begging you, please don't make me marry Mondo" I cried.

"Jessie, you need to give him a chance"

"But mom"

"No buts Jessie, it's all settled now you need to get to bed, goodnight"

I stomped to my room in anger but mostly sadness, I can't believe mom is doing this to me.

"What am I gonna do?"

I took out my phone and texted James.

"Hey baby, dinner's over now but I'm really upset, I need you right now"

It didn't take long for him to answer.

"Is your mom in bed?"

"Yes" I texted back.

"I'm on my way"

"Okay"

I put my phone down and continued to cry.

Without realizing it, I fell asleep.

~~~~

James pov

I got everything ready for my dinner with Jessie when I got a text message, when I saw that it was from her, I immediately answered.

When she said that she really needed me, I had a feeling that something was wrong so I hurried to her house.

After making it to Jessie's house, I saw that the lights were off so it was safe to sneak in.

After I got to her balcony, I saw her asleep, to my surprise the balcony doors were unlocked and I quietly walked in and shook Jessie's shoulder to wake her up.

She began to wake up.

~~~~

Jessie pov

I started to open my eyes and they widen when I saw James.

"James"

"Hey love"

I immediately hugged him and tears fell from my eyes.  I felt James wrapping his arms around me and was kissing my head.

"Oh James, I don't know what to do"

"Shhhh, it's okay Jessie, I'm here"

After I calmed down, James suggested that we head to where he had something set up for us for our anniversary.

So after sneaking out of the house, we got into his car and he began driving and while he was doing that, I told James everything.

"Oh my Arceus"

"I know and now my mom wants me to marry Mondo and I have no choice"

"Don't worry Jessie, I won't let that happen"

"But James, how are you gonna stop this arrangement, I tried but my mom just won't listen"

"Don't worry love, we'll figure something out, I'm not letting this Mondo boy marry you"

After a while, we made it to a lake that I've never been to before, where were we?

"Babe, what's this place?"

"It's another lake that I found the other day, and it's farther from the one we usually go to so I thought our anniversary date will be perfect here so we can have some privacy"

James got out of the car and came over to my side and opened my door, then held out his hand.

"Shall we?"

I giggled, then nodded.

"We shall"

After taking his hand, he locked the car and led me towards the lake and to my surprise, there was a picnic set up.