Kabanata 4

KABANATA 4

Shuen's POV

Pagkatapos gumugol ng ilang oras sa opisina ni Atasha, umuwi ako na mabigat pa rin ang loob sa naging suhestiyon niya. Should I pretend to be pregnant? It doesn't feel right to deceive Diovanni and his family, and I know it will only make my problem worse.

The fear of getting caught and facing embarrassment is too overwhelming to handle. I also don't want Yoghurt to change his view of me. I sat on the balcony of our room, gently swaying in the hammock swing chair, watching the sky darken as the sunset. This is my favorite view, and it always lightens my mood.

The setting sun has a way of lifting the weight off my shoulders. It gives me solace and hope that my problems will disappear like the sun, paving the way for a new day.

I stood up and remained leaning on the balcony railing, letting the wind brush my face. A bitter smile crossed my lips as the heavy problem that troubled me resurfaced in my mind, causing warmth in my eyes until tears involuntarily fell on my cheeks.

I struggled to breathe because of the weight of my feelings, and all I could do was wipe those tears away. I looked at the sky and surveyed the vast home where Diovanni and I stayed. From the large swimming pool area to the breathtaking garden, and the neatly paved path leading to the main gate, as well as the garage filled with various vehicles.

I am fortunate to have this kind of lifestyle. However, I cannot deny that something is missing, even though Yoghurt constantly expresses his unparalleled care for me. Yet, having a child will still bring a different kind of joy, as they will show me true happiness through their affection and playfulness.

I long for the joy of having a child who will energetically play with me and lovingly call me 'Mommy'. The desire to experience motherhood and feel the completeness it brings greatly affects me.

In these thoughts, I suddenly felt hungry, a result of the stress and uncertainty I was feeling. In times like this, I crave the comforting presence of my husband, who gives me strength and serves as my refuge.

Bumaba ako para pumunta sa kusina. Binuksan ko ang ref at naghanap ng makakain. Napangiti ako nang makita ko ang ilang strawberry Yoghurt na nakaimbak doon. Agad kong kinuha ito at binuksan. Kumuha ako ng kutsara at sinimulang kainin.

Ngunit bigla, may nagsalita sa aking likuran habang hindi pa ako tapos kumain.

"You're eating yogurt again? Good thing I stocked up on a lot; I knew you'd be looking for that," Diovanni said, bringing a smile to my face. He knows that yogurt is my favorite food when he's not around. That's why I playfully call him "Yoghurt" because he is one of the people who give me strength.

I quickly turned to face him, seeing him leaning against the wall, shrugging, and looking straight at me. His gaze seems to draw strength from me, making my knees tremble. Thankfully, I was leaning on the kitchen sink, preventing me from falling over.

Diovanni has a unique way of making me feel special, capable of making me fall in love with him in the simplest of moments. The effect of his presence and his gaze is profound, strengthened by his handsomeness and his alluring way of standing.

His attire—a gray polo shirt paired with black pants and a polka dot purple necktie—complemented his physique impeccably. The shirt hugged his muscles, etching a memorable image. I couldn't help but wonder, why such beings even exist in this world.

I could feel my sanity slipping away under the weight of these intense emotions. Yet, as I was drawn deeper into the whirlpool of sensations that Diovanni elicited, a creeping fear began to take hold. It was a fear for my well-being, as I became acutely aware of how dangerously immersed I was becoming. The thought of enduring heartbreak like Atasha's, or the madness of betrayal by this man, was unbearable.

"Stop staring at me like that, Cupcake. Remember, I warned you—I'll kiss you," he said, closing the distance between us. Time seemed to accelerate, and suddenly he was there, right in front of me, locking eyes with mine. "What's on your mind? You have such a curious look," he murmured, his deep voice sending a tremor of warmth through me.

"I-I was just..." My words faltered as he caught me off guard, pressing his lips to mine. My eyes flew open in surprise when he teased my lower lip with his tongue, never breaking eye contact.

"Tastes like Yoghurt," he remarked with a playful smirk. Leaning in, his breath tickled my ear, causing my grip to loosen and what I was holding to clatter to the floor. "I'm craving more, Cupcake," he whispered, sending a shiver down my spine.

I could only swallow hard and gaze back at him, speechless. He studied my face as if memorizing every detail, then slowly bridged the gap between us once more. His lips met mine again, and I surrendered to the rising heat within me, losing myself in the moment.

Ang kanyang mga labi ay gumalaw nang may kasanayan, at natagpuan ko ang sarili ko na tumutugon sa kanyang halik. This is full of love and almost possessiveness, as if he can't get enough of each reaction I have. I almost pushed him away when he unexpectedly bit my lower lip.

I felt him lift me, placing me on the edge of the sink, our lips still locked in intense union. His hands began exploring from my thighs to my chest. I gripped the back of his neck, completely consumed by our passionate kiss.

I was filled with a strange tickle from the joy Diovanni was giving me. All my thoughts disappeared, only his lips on my mind. His kisses trailed down to my neck, and his tongue licked my collarbone, allowing me to moan and tighten my grip on him.

"Diovanni," Mahina kong ungol.

"Shit," biglang putol ni Yoghurt. "I want to claim you completely, but we need to stop for now," he said, causing me to look at him with disappointment. "We will continue this later, Cupcake. Don't worry, okay?"

"What's the problem?" I asked, feeling excited.

He kissed my forehead before lifting me and gently lowering me from the sink. "We still need to go to Elias' house for his daughter's third birthday," he explained.

"Birthday ba ni Aleisha ngayon? Bakit hindi mo agad sinabi sa akin para nakabili sana ako ng regalo para sa kanya?" sabi ko.

"Hindi ko rin alam. Bago lang din ako na-inform tungkol dito bago ako umuwi." Inakbayan niya ako habang kami ay nagsimulang umakyat sa hagdan.

Inilagay ko ang aking kamay sa kanyang baywang. "May regalo ka ba para sa kanya?"

"Wala, pero kung alam ko lang sana nang mas maaga, sana'y nakabili ako," paliwanag niya. "Teka, saan ka ba galing kanina, Cupcake? Ano ang ginawa mo sa ospital?"

His question caught me off guard, but I tried not to show it. I didn't want to appear anxious. "Atasha asked me to get something for her at the hospital, so I went there and gave it to her earlier," I answered confidently, trying to convey without any hint of worry.

"Ah, I thought you went there because you were sick. I was worried about you," he said.

"How did you find out?"

"Mang Roel told me when I arrived," he explained. I felt a bit annoyed with Mang Roel for telling Diovanni. Talaga 'yang si Mang Roel, kahit na malaki ang katawan ay sobrang daldal.

I nodded, quickly changing the subject to divert the topic away from there. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming home?"

"Ah, I just wanted to surprise you," he answered with a smile.

"Surprise me? Is there an occasion?"

He pulled me closer and gently kissed my forehead before opening the door to our room.

"Would you consider slipping into a dress that not only makes you feel confident and radiant but also showcases your beauty? I want everyone to see just how fortunate I am to be with you. Let's capture all the attention, leaving an impression that even Elias and Alphonsus' wives will talk about. I want you to be the dazzling star of the evening. Would you do that for me, my dear Cupcake?" he whispered, his gaze never wavering from mine.

***

How's your day?