Kabanata 20

KABANATA 20

Shuen's POV

"Have some water first," Atasha said as she handed me a glass of water, which I quickly drank. "Oh My God! I still can't believe it!" she exclaimed, sitting beside me.

I am thankful that she saw me earlier on the side of the highway while she was on her way home. I had intended to call her, but I had left my phone at Diovanni's house. I also didn't have enough money for a taxi, so walking was my only option.

I didn't know where I was heading earlier, so I am deeply grateful to God for not leaving me alone. Until now, I still can't fully comprehend what is happening. I can't believe I ended up in this situation. Before I met Diovanni, my life was in order.

I heard Atasha's deep sigh beside me. After I had recounted everything to her, she also seemed incredulous. She thought the woman she saw in the restaurant was Diovanni's mistress. Little did she know, that woman was his legal wife, and I was the real mistress.

"God! How could Diovanni hide this from you? For two years? I can't believe he kept the truth from you for that long!" Atasha said, clearly in disbelief.

Ang bigat ng nararamdaman ko ngayon. Napa-hinga ako nang malalim at pinadaan ang palad ko sa aking mukha. "Nakumbinsi niya ako na totoo ang kasal namin sa Spain sa loob ng dalawang taon. Kaya pala... kaya pala ganoon na lang ang reaksyon ng pamilya niya nang sabihin niyang magpapakasal kami. Halos walang kamag-anak niya ang dumalo sa kasal namin," aminin ko, habang nakatitig ako sa isang punto.

Sumandal lang si Atasha sa sofa at tumitig sa malayo. Tahimik kaming pareho, malalim ang iniisip, at alam kong kahit siya ay hindi pa rin lubos na nakaka-recover sa mga katotohanang natuklasan namin. Kilala ko si Atasha, at kahit na ako'y nasasaktan ngayon, mas apektado siya dahil siya ang naging tulay namin ni Diovanni noon. Isa siya sa mga sumusuporta sa aming relasyon, lalo na nang maghiwalay sila ni Elias.

"What are your plans now? Does this mean it's the end? Will you just let them conspire against you, especially that Katarina? Aren't you going to seek revenge?" she asked, with a hint of anger, particularly when she mentioned Katarina's name.

I sighed and shook my head. "I won't seek revenge," I replied, earning a disapproving look from Atasha. "I don't want to seek revenge, Atasha. What happened to me has already happened, and if I seek revenge, I won't gain anything good from it. I might even end up worse off," I added.

She sighed heavily and rolled her eyes. "There you go again! You're too kind! You know, Shuen, seeking revenge isn't wrong, especially if what they did to you was excessive. And regarding Katarina, she doesn't deserve your kindness. She needs to learn that not everyone will allow themselves to be oppressed. Maybe she needs to learn a lesson!" I could feel Atasha's frustration and anger. "Oh! If only I knew she would treat you like that, I would have poured hot soup over her when I saw her at the restaurant!"

I knew Atasha was just trying to lighten my mood. This was how she comforted me, so that I would feel that I wasn't alone, that she was here by my side. Despite all the trials I faced, I was extremely grateful for Atasha's unwavering support and friendship. She was my constant companion in times when I needed a shoulder to lean on.

Atasha smiled and offered to hug me. I couldn't help myself and embraced her. As I felt the warmth of her hug, I couldn't hold back the tears. Atasha caressed my back as I cried.

"You can do it, Shuen. You're strong, and I know you'll get through this. I'm here for you, I won't leave you behind," she said, so I leaned my face closer to hers. "Just let it out and cry to ease your burden. It's painful now, but the day will come when you'll get used to it too," she added.

Nakatulog ako sa sobrang pagod at pag-iyak. Kinabukasan, nagising ako sa sofa sa sala ng condo ni Atasha. Masakit ang ulo ko at parang namamaga ang mga mata ko.