Kabanata 14 (Holy Water)

KABANATA 14

Diovanni's POV

WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!

I was exhausted when I got home from a very heavy workload. I had just finished my final projects as the CEO of United Enterprises before stepping down to take over my father's position as Chairperson. Although I was looking forward to achieving my long-held dream, I couldn't help but feel sad because of Shuen. After tomorrow, I would need to remove her from my life.

I sighed as I climbed the stairs but stopped in my tracks when I saw Shuen sleeping peacefully on the living room sofa. It seemed like she was waiting for me to come home again, and guilt consumed me. I approached her, observing her sleeping form. Seeing her peaceful face caused a sharp pain in my heart.

Just the thought of her leaving felt like slowly being consumed by sadness, especially knowing that she would despise me when she found out the truth.

I gently bent down and brushed the hair covering her face. Another sigh escaped my lips as I slowly lifted her and carried her to our room. We were just a few steps away when Shuen opened her eyes, immediately locking eyes with me.

A beautiful smile played on her lips as she whispered, "Yoghurt."

I tried to ignore what she said and coldly asked, "Will you wait for me every night, Shuen?" as I carried her into the room.

"Yes, I will wait for you every night until you talk to me properly," she replied, causing me to pause. "Diovanni, stop being distant with me. It's hard for me, and I'm not used to it," she added, her voice tinged with sadness.

I sighed and chose not to respond to her plea. I set her down and went to the walk-in-closet to change, but like the previous night, she followed me. Despite her actions, I continued to ignore her.

"Yoghurt, why are you treating me like this? Is it just because of what I found out? I can forget about that, I'm trying to forget it. I am willing to forgive you repeatedly, as long as you don't treat me like this. Please?" she pleaded, and I felt the sincerity in her words.

I tightened my grip on the walk-in closet doorknob as her words slowly sank in. Why does she continue to treat me this way? Does she truly love me enough to endure the pain? Goddamn it!

"If you truly love Katarina, I won't stand in your way. I won't stop you from seeing her, but please, don't treat me like this. Diovanni, let's go back to how we used to be," she pleaded, her voice trembling. I felt her tears start to fall. To my surprise, she hugged me from behind, her sobs echoing in the room. "I can't bear to lose you," she sobbed.

I tightened my grip on the doorknob, searching for the right words to say. Her actions and words were making it harder for me. Damn it! I wanted to push her away to spare her from further pain. But my heart wouldn't allow it.

After a few moments, she started to loosen her embrace. She slowly released the hug, so I faced her. Despite the smile on her lips, I saw the pain etched in her eyes. She wiped the tears from her cheeks, avoiding eye contact.

"If your feelings really change—" I didn't let her finish her sentence. Without hesitation, I held her face and pressed my lips against hers. She was surprised, but quickly responded, our lips moving in unison.

She returned the kiss with the same fervor, eagerly following the movements of my lips. As I pressed her against the cabinet, we continued exchanging passionate kisses, my emotions spinning out of control. Shuen had a way of clouding my sanity.

I gently caressed her from her neck down to her chest, leaving gentle kisses. In a swift motion, I lifted her top, revealing her figure. I paused momentarily before kissing her again. Her soft moans were filled with longing with every touch, intensifying my emotions.