Kabanata 10

KABANATA 10

Diovanni's POV

As I got into the car, I couldn't help but think about Shuen's reaction. I left without kissing her, feeling the weight of her confusion and my mistake. She found out something, and I want to tell her the truth, but I know it's risky given that my plan isn't finished yet. I need patience; there is a right time for all of this.

I am angry at myself because I know I will hurt Shuen. But it feels like the de Marcel family name is more important. I can't bear to see it ruined, so I will do everything to protect it.

I need to be careful, especially with Katarina. I can't read her, and it seems like she doesn't care about the trouble she could cause. That's scary, especially if Shuen gets involved. But I am determined; I will take care of Shuen against any schemes from Katarina.

The journey was fast and I quickly arrived at the De Marcel United Enterprises company. As I got out of the car, I looked around at the stockholders and board members there. My secretary was also there, always punctual, and she took my things.

"Handa na ba ang boardroom?" tanong ko, matatag ang boses habang dumaan ako sa malawak na entrance, handa sa mga hamong naghihintay sa loob.

"Yes, Sir. We arranged everything."

Tumango ako bilang tugon sa sinabi niya, buo ang atensyon ko habang naglalakad sa ground floor. Bumati ang mga empleyado, ngunit hindi ko sila pinansin. Nakatuon ang tingin ko sa unahan.

"Mr. CEO, there is a document here that you need to sign for the upcoming board meeting," the Director said, handing over a white folder with necessary papers. I immediately signed it and returned it to him. "Thank you, Sir."

My secretary opened the elevator before we entered, heading to the executive level on the fifth floor. In the quiet ascent, Mr. Royales, an elderly shareholder and ally of the Al Tieras, took the opportunity for a private conversation.

"The chairmanship of the United Enterprises is within reach. How do you feel about it?" he asked.

"It's a moment I've meticulously prepared for," I confidently replied, "and I've preemptively addressed potential challenges that come with such responsibility."

He smiled knowingly and then gave surprising news. "Word is, Izan Al Tiera is pegged as the next CEO."

My hand trembled in anger, a reaction I couldn't contain upon hearing the alarming news. Izan, who didn't hail from the de Marcel lineage, as the CEO? It was an insult. Elias and Alphonsus, true de Marcels, had dedicated many years to the company and were the rightful heirs.

"I've heard the rumors," I conceded, masking my discontent.

"They say there's friction between you and Izan, given he's a formidable rival of yours."

I was annoyed by the insinuation. Comparing me to Izan was almost an insult; my qualifications and successes far exceeded his. However, it wasn't a secret that Mr. Royales favored Izan, as their friendship had been long-standing.

Despite our shared bloodline as second cousins, Izan and I have always been worlds apart. An invisible chasm has consistently separated us, and our rare encounters are invariably fraught with palpable tension. Our mutual antipathy is undeniable; we simply cannot endure each other's company for any length of time.

With a deliberate cough to signal my disdain, I declared, "To call him my competitor is to insult my achievements. Izan hasn't reached the heights I have. My skills and capabilities far surpass his, and it's offensive to suggest we're on equal footing." With those words, I left the elevator as the doors opened.