Kabanata 39

KABANATA 39

Shuen's POV

"Your gown looks absolutely beautiful on you. You look ready to get married," I said to her as I watched her in the fitting room.

The gown she chose for her wedding with Celsius was truly stunning, and I'm sure her groom was even more amazed. Atasha's body shape and form were perfect for the gown. It highlighted her beauty even more.

As I looked at the wedding gown, I couldn't help but remember the time when I was fitting my own wedding gown. Atasha was also with me when we chose the design. It's amusing to think that now, Atasha is the one fitting and I am the one accompanying her.

I am happy for her because one of her dreams has come true, to marry the person she wants to spend her whole life with. The dream of a wedding that she thought Elias would give her. But it's sad to think that fate has something else in store for her.

"Yes, I'm so excited!" you could clearly see the joy and happiness on Atasha's face as she said this. The smile returned to her face, one that I hadn't seen in a long time, as if my friend had come back. "I wonder what it feels like to say 'I do' while looking at my beloved?" she added.

"I'm so happy for you, Atasha. I hope your wedding with Celsius will be filled with beautiful memories," I said with a smile.

"Thank you, Shuen. You're the best," she replied.

After trying on the dress, Atasha and I stayed in the shop for a few more minutes. We sat on a long sofa and there, she suddenly spoke while looking at me.

"Shuen, you seem different now," she said, as if she was looking for something in my face.

"Different? How so?" I asked, furrowing my brow.

"You look tired," she said, with a hint of concern. "I also noticed that you've been eating more often now. You weren't like that before, especially when we're with Celsius," she added.

Her words made me ponder. "You're right. I've noticed that I get hungry more often and I just want to lie in bed all day. I find it hard to work because I've been feeling dizzy and nauseous for the past three weeks," I replied.

Sa nakalipas na dalawang buwan, marami nga ang nagbago sa akin. Madalas akong nasa kama at marami na akong trabahong hindi natatapos. Dati-rati, hindi ako mapakali hangga't hindi ko natatapos ang aking mga gawain. Pero ngayon, nakatambak na lang ang mga ito sa aking opisina sa bahay.

Pagdating sa pagkain, mas gusto ko dati na kumain sa veranda kaysa sa kusina. Konti lang din ang kinakain ko. Pero nitong mga nakaraang linggo, lagi na lang akong nasa kusina at naghahanap ng makakain, lalo na sa madaling araw. Bukod pa rito, may mga kakaibang nararamdaman ako tulad ng madalas na pagsusuka at pagkahilo.

"At isa pa, tingnan mo nga ang sarili mo, Shuen. Parang tumaba ka at bloated ang hitsura mo," sabi pa ni Atasha.

Sa kanyang mga puna, hindi ko maiwasang mag-alala sa mga pagbabagong ito sa aking katawan at kalusugan.

Napansin ko na lang bigla na parang lumalaki ang tiyan ko, at doon ko napagtanto na baka nagkakaroon na ako ng konting bilbil. "Hindi ko rin alam, pero may mga damit na akong hindi na kasya, lalo na 'yung mga hapit na damit ko."

"Alam mo, dapat magpatingga ka na, baka buntis ka," biro niya sa akin.

Hindi ko maipaliwanag, pero bigla akong natigilan. Dalawang buwan na rin mula nung huli kaming nagkita ni Diovanni, at 'yung huling beses na may nangyari sa amin. Malinaw pa sa alaala ko 'yon, dahil nung umagang 'yon, halos pagsisihan ko ang lahat. Gusto kong umiyak at sampalin si Diovanni, pero mas pinairal ko ang takot at nagpasyang umalis bago pa siya magising.