Kabanata 21

KABANATA 21

Shuen's POV

Finally, I let out a sigh of relief after organizing all my belongings in the new apartment. I surveyed the entirety of the house, and a sweet but bittersweet smile crossed my lips as thoughts of Diovanni crossed my mind.

My heart was filled with hope, hoping that he would come looking for me. I couldn't help but wonder what Diovanni's reaction was when he found out that Katarina had kicked me out. Did he get angry? Hurt? Did he attempt to find me?

I knew I had no right to hope, but I couldn't help it because that's what my heart was yearning for. Tomorrow, after this day and before I even find a job, I will go to him. I want to talk to him and clarify everything because until now, I still have many questions.

Naghanap ako ng computer shop dito para makagawa ng resume, at pagkatapos ay nagpaphotocopy ako. Maaga pa naman para sa tanghalian, alas nuwebe pa lang kaya may pagkakataon pa akong makahanap ng trabaho ngayon.

Naglibot ako sa Tanauan sa paghahanap ng trabaho nang matagpuan ko ang isang RestoBar na nangangailangan ng waitress. Agad akong pumasok at sinulyapan agad ako ng ibang empleyado, bago ako napansin ng isang babae, na alam kong manager ng restobar na ito.

"Hello, can I help you with something?" she asked with a smile.

"Ah, I noticed that you might be looking for a waitress. Can I apply?" I asked, hoping for a positive response.

She scrutinized me from head to toe. "To be honest, we are short of waitresses because one of our employees left. But I just want to remind you that we do not hire picky, shy, or clueless individuals here. Do you know how to entertain customers? You would start tonight," she explained, which made me hesitant. "The Bar is open from seven in the evening until midnight, so expect most of the customers to be male," she added.

"Is that so?"

"Yes, that's right," she answered seriously. "That's why I said being picky, shy, or clueless is not allowed. You should also know how to entertain. Can you do that?" she asked. "Don't worry, the pay is good because I admit that working at night is challenging."

"I can do it."

"It seems like you're just forcing yourself," she said with a raised eyebrow. "It's obvious from your face that you're not used to working as a waitress in a Bar."

"No, I really need a job, and I have some experience as a waitress."

"In that case, you can start tonight. Give me your resume, and you can leave," she said, so I handed her the brown envelope before bidding goodbye.

After leaving, I also searched for other sources of income in the morning. As the sun beat down, I discovered a Coffee Shop inside the large Hermanes Building Industry building, one of the properties owned by the de Marcel family. I sighed as I observed the towering structure.

Once again, I remembered Diovanni, which brought back many memories of what had happened. The true reason why I was looking for work and other sources of income was to occupy my days. I thought that if I stayed in Atasha's condo, I would likely spend the whole day sunk in sadness and hopelessness. So I decided to fill my time with activities to avoid being consumed by negative emotions.

Nevertheless, I would not give up on Diovanni. Instead, I would focus on improving myself and ensure that I had the strength and determination to fight against Katarina. Tomorrow, I would visit him and retrieve all the documents left for me by Daddy. I would not let everything end here; I would fight for my rights.

"Are you currently accepting applicants?" I asked the woman at the Coffee Shop reception. "I'm interested in applying."

She replied, "Yes, we are accepting applicants. You're in luck because many have applied but we haven't selected anyone yet."