Kabanata 25

KABANATA 25

Shuen's POV

None of us expected the man to suddenly appear, especially when he blocked Mr. Takama. The man's position was too well-lit for me to clearly see his face. "One, I'll count to three. Let her go," he said sternly.

Mr. Takama quickly signaled his bodyguards to release me. They immediately let me go before the man completely left Mr. Takama's side. The man quickly approached me and pulled me behind him.

He was tall, and his body shape seemed familiar, even the scent of his cologne felt like I knew it. It was only then that I realized my suspicion was correct when he faced me, and I saw his face clearly.

"Izan?" I uttered his name in disbelief.

His face was serious as he examined me from head to toe. "Get your things and let's leave," he ordered, so I quickly nodded and followed his command.

"Shuen? Ano'ng nangyari? Ayos ka lang ba?" nag-aalalang tanong sa akin ng aking mga kasamahan sa trabaho.

"O-Oo, ayos lang ako, kukunin ko lang ang mga gamit ko," sagot ko bago ako pumunta sa locker room at kinuha ang lahat ng aking gamit at saka bumalik sa exit ng RestoBar. Naabutan ko si Izan na nakikipag-usap kay Mr. Takama.

"Tapos ka na?" tanong niya sa akin nang lumapit ako.

Tumango ako bilang tugon bago tumingin kay Mr. Takama, na ngayon ay inaayos ang kanyang tabako. Inayos niya rin ang kanyang kurbata. "Shuen, I'm sorry I didn't know that Mr. Al Tiera is your friend," he apologized.

I furrowed my brow at his words, so I looked at Izan and him. "Do you know each other?" I asked.

"Yes," Mr. Takama answered. "I am one of his colleagues in the syndicate and I am also a close friend of Hemilgindo Al Tiera, Izan's father," Mr. Takama explained, which shocked me. Izan is part of a syndicate? "I caused great embarrassment with what I did. I'm sorry, I didn't know," he added.

I sighed. "To be honest, what you did to me was wrong and not good. Next time, Mr. Takama, treat women with respect because we are not just women. We also have feelings," I said, causing him to look embarrassed.

He cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. "Y-You're right. I'm sorry," he said before shaking hands with Izan. "I'll go first, Izan."

After Mr. Takama left, Izan faced me and took out a cigarette. I was about to ask him about what Mr. Takama said but Izan spoke first. "Where is your manager's office?"

"What? Why?"

"Resign. This job isn't suitable for someone like you. How can you stand wearing revealing clothes and interacting with various men here? You don't know what kind of job you got into," he scolded me. "So show me where the manager's office is for this RestoBar," he added.

My eyes widened at what he said and I did nothing but show him where the manager's office was. Given Izan's appearance, he didn't seem like the type to joke around, always looking serious. I didn't even know if he knew how to smile or laugh.

"What's your plan, Izan?" I asked as we reached the front of the office.

"I'll just teach the manager a lesson, and I want you to resign," he said seriously.

He knocked on the door before entering. The manager immediately stopped what she was doing and stared at us with a scowl. She scrutinized me from head to toe, probably wondering what I was doing there.

"Why are you still here, Shuen? You should have gone with Mr. Takama. Do you know how much he paid me to get you?" the manager shouted, causing Izan to slam his hand on the table. "And who is this guy?"