Chapter 12

A/N: The video above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on YouTube.

Also, note what's printed on Jeff's shirt (near the end of the video). It says 'It's Not the AGE It's the ATTITUDE. Maybe to try to put a stop to those who keep commenting about their age gap.

Barcode's POV

Jeff stopped walking and turned to me when we reached his car.

"I wish you a wonderful evening," he said to me. "I'm sure that I will be dreaming about you when I fall asleep later tonight"

"Same here," I said and tried to lean to give him a hug.

Jeff pulled me closer and pressed his lips on mine.

I did not resist. I always liked the feel of his lips. They were so soft and always gave me shivers up and down my spine whenever I felt them on mine.

When we had to stop to get some air, he said, "Will you still be up by ten tonight."

"Most probably," I replied. "Why?"

"I would like to do a video call with you," he replied.

"Sure!" I said with a big smile.

He leaned to give me a quick kiss and then stepped into his car.

I stood at the curb and blew a kiss to him and watched him drive away.

Ken was still in the dining room when I got back inside the house. He had just finished drinking his guava juice.

"Jeff forgot to bring the package of rice cakes with him," Ken said as he set down his glass on the table. "I ran out with the package to look for you and Jeff but ..."

"But what?" I prompted when he stopped in the middle of his sentence.

"... but I didn't want to interrupt ..." again he stopped mid sentence.

"Oh!" my cheeks felt warm after I realized that he must have seen me and Jeff kissing and he didn't want to interrupt the kiss.

"Don't worry about it," I said. "I will mention it to him later tonight when he calls me."

"Okay," said Ken and picked up his glass and walked towards the kitchen with it.

"Just leave it in the sink," I said. "The housekeeper will wash it later."

"Okay," said Ken. "Will you be doing your homework now?"

"Yes," I said. "There's a lot that I have to submit to my teachers tomorrow. How about you?"

"Tomorrow is something of a free day for my classmates and me," Ken replied. "But we still have to come in to class and perform in front of our music teacher by playing some instruments of our choice."

"What will you perform for your teacher?" I asked.

"I want to perform Tilaluha which is the Filipino word for 'stop crying'," he replied. "I have to go to the university very early tomorrow to borrow a guitar from the music department so that I can practice on one before the start of class."

"You don't have to go very early tomorrow," I said. "You can borrow my guitar and practice on it already tonight."

"Really?" Ken asked with a grateful smile.

"Of course," I said. "Come to my room right now."

Ken followed me to my room and I picked up my guitar from its stand.

"Thank you so much, this is really kind of you," he said as he took the guitar.

"No problem," I said. "Practice here in my room. I wanna hear the song. I'm curious about it."

"Sure," Ken said, looking around my room to see where he could sit.

"Take my study chair," I said. "I will sit on my bed and watch and listen to you."

I loved the song so much. I did not understand the lyrics but the melody was mesmerizing and captivating. I asked him to practice his song in my room for as long as he wanted while I did my homework. I assured him that his music was not going to distract me from my studying. In fact it would replace the music that I usually played on my phone while I studied.

We switched places so that I could use the study chair and he sat on my bed with my guitar.

Ken and I had forgotten about the time. It was a little past ten when my phone started to ring.

Oh shit, I had forgotten that Jeff was going to do a video call with me tonight.

I swiped my phone screen forgetting that Ken was still sitting on my bed practicing his song on my guitar.