Chapter 4

QOD "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in

QOD "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." _Morrie Schwartz.

In tough times, Mrs. Alkali was like my anchor. Even though she seemed strict, she was the only one who really got me. It was like she had a special knack for understanding exactly what I was going through. So, when things got complicated, I just followed her advice – it was like my roadmap to sorting things out.

Her words weren't just instructions; they were the key to fixing everything. I had to listen because she held the solution to my problems. Following her guidance became my way of navigating through the difficulties.

In the drama of life, she took the lead role, shining a light on the shadows in my life. Mrs. Alkali, with her tough exterior, turned out to be the caring hero in my story, the one who spoke a language only my heart truly understood, indeed she is a therapist.

"Okay, I'm sorry." I blurted.

"You better be."

"Now breath in, and out, three times."she commanded.

My lungs ballooned in my chest as I practiced the act, and like Magic, it worked.

"now you can speak." She spoke at once, peacefully, with. Hint of humor now, as she handed me a cup of coffee, she stirred hers as we talked.

"So Mom and Dad came up with marriage talk yesterday, saying I'm supposed to have a boyfriend and blah blah blah."

she arched an eyebrow and said "don't blah blah your parents in my presence again, do that with your peers, have some respect."

"Yes ma." Sometimes I wonder if she's a disciplinarian or a therapist or both at once, she doesn't do spoilt brats.

"marriage is a beautiful thing, I see no reason why you're disputing it." She continued.

"I'm not ready for all that drama."

"Who said it was drama , well there is, but they come differently. What exactly scares you ?"

"Everything!"

"Okay, This is why you should have friends, allow men, good men come into your life, when you have a taste of love from someone who's not family you'll understand better.

As Muslims, you know marriage completes our deen, all of your existence without marriage is half, and you can't tell me you've not sinned before, which makes the half in complete, so the other half comes in marriage, where even walking from your room to the kitchen attract blessings as heavy as that of a person who performs umrah, every little thing you do brings blessings upon blessings, from being a pious wife to being a good mother and friend to your husband and kids." She spoke calmly.

"And then he'll go and bring in another and destroy our happy home?" I retorted.

"He's allowed to marry in another, but for the time being focus on you being the wife first, and later we'll deal with the latter"

She went on and on with the marriage talk and had a lot of words and verses, to convince me, there was a little spark of wanting all of those, I had a lot of love in me and I believe when shared it will do a lot of good.

However, considering the complexity of marriage, I contemplated taking a step back.
Instead of jumping into such a significant commitment right away, I pondered the idea of starting with something less overwhelming. That's when the thought of making friends first crossed my mind, an initial step toward connection and understanding.

"I should go now, it's already past 10:00am and it's just the security guards that knew I was gone.

I drove home only to meet Daddy at the front yard starting his MV Agusta F4CC power bike, oh that old sweet thing.

"Daddy good morning." I greeted smilingly.

"Good morning princess" He replied as he continued tying and loosening some knots in the bike.

"Daddy I went out to meet..."

"Oh come on, there's no need for explanation, I know you don't do men, or even drugs, nothing scares me when you go out, you're one tough woman."

See the love I was talking about! I almost said out loud. Smilingly, I hugged the large framed man who was busy with his bike.

"Thank you for always understanding Daddy, I just didn't want to wake you guys up, it was very early."

"Yes which was unlike you, I went to your room and found and empty well laid bed, so I quickly checked the CCTV camera footage and saw the princess doing her thing."

"Yes Daddy, I needed to...."  I almost told him I needed to talk to someone, but he might feel bad that I confided in someone else and not him. So I just let it slide.

"Yap! Now the bike is ready to grind." He said as if he talked to the blue and black power bike.

He turned to look at me with a grin, and said "hop on it, let's go catch some fresh air, just like good old times."

Awwwn
I love her Daddy! 🥹🤍✨
Don't forget to vote!