Chapter 5

QOD "A fathers love is the father of all loves" _ Ivan Panin

I was wearing a black cargo pants and a long sleeved bodycon shirt with a Chelsea jersey on it, and of course my beautiful multicolored crocs that have been saving my life, Dad has been a die hard Chelsea fan, wether they loose or win, it's his consistency for me, even though I know nothing much about football I'm always on his side.

I pushed my car keys into my mini Louis Vuitton Purse hung on my shoulder and joined the old man.

We drove around Abuja metropolis at 195mph, my eyes were closed all through the ride, well except for times when he moved slowly, especially at sharp corners.

I had held him tight, so tight that I wouldn't dare loose a grip, my hands barely reaching his chest, and of course my helmet was intact too, so was his. With the way the wind pulls one on the bike there should be an arrangement for seatbelt or something on bikes, I know I'm a tough girl, but a reckless accident on this bike and this express roads, not me.

Even though Dad has had several accidents with it, but the man was just born agile, he doesn't get tired of physical pains.

I remember back then in primary school when every other student was brought in with fancy cars and tricycles, I went on a power bike, and everyone talked about it, they envied me, Daddy takes me to school and brings me back everyday, with my tiny hands clutched to his back not even making an attempt to reach his ribs talk less of wrapping my hands around him, every time the breeze persist I leaned closer to him, his body always has this warmth that suits my situations.

Most times on our way back from school I'll narrate all the stories that happened the day, and if I was bullied or looked at with a bombastic side eye, I'll tell him, and once the culprits come in hand, they were dead, until the whole bullies around me feared that if they ever did me wrong, they were in hot pepper soup, so they stopped.

When I walked in school, I bounce in all of my glory, with my Nike snickers in black, and my socks always as white as snow, even though everyone used sandals, but they dare not ask me why, else my Superman will come to my rescue.

"Remember when I took you to school on this bike." Daddy asked as if to be in my head.

"of Course Daddy, I don't forget this things, they made me who I am today."

I could see the corners of his lips curving from behind, such a grateful soul.

"So Daddy concerning that marriage talk."

"It's okay if you don't want to talk about it baby girl, let's wait until you're ready."

I heaved a sigh of relief before saying, "thank you so much Daddy, I really appreciate you."

"Shhh! Just do the right thing, okay?"

"Okay sir, trust me I won't let you down.

"Your mum was talking about a wedding in katsina do you wish to go?"

"Who's getting married, I hope it's not one of those Amebo cousins?"

"Well if that's what you call them then yes, two of them. Nameer and Afeeyah, next month Gods will."

"I don't want to go daddy."

"You should go, make new friends, meet family."

He had said before stopping at coldstone to grab ice cream for me and some frozen yoghurts for Mum and himself.

We rode back in silence, just like I hated the idea of marriage, I also hated being at one, maybe I should just go and ease up this boredom, I've been home since I graduated and I got a job immediately and my fashion line has been moving since I graduated secondary, I call it Fairu's empire, with the slogan, slay it or leave it."

I work at the Army headquarters Abuja as a civilian analyst, I studied computer engineering, that made me a tech girl, well so they called me in the office, with my father being who he is, I break so many rules and go away with it.

I usually design wedding gowns and bags and have people producing them for me, and then later I stopped designing them and just Recieved my alerts, I have twelve employees, even if they steal my money, I don't really pay attention to that as long as the figures in my account were increasing, I checked them from time to time and that's just it.

As a Nigerian, when you are financially on point, know a handful of people that's all, you're on.

We rode back home and I went straight to Mum's room, the beautiful peaceful woman, was watching TV and feasting on her homemade popcorn.

I jumped on her bed as she looked at me with a wide eyed smile, "where have you been yar Baba?"

"I've been with my Baba, is that after seeing a footage of you driving out this morning?"

"Well yes, we went out after I got home."

"Strange, you are not even a morning person."

"Why is everyone saying that?"

"Well Baba was telling me about Nameer and Afeeyas wedding."

Mom almost choked on her popcorn before she said, "don't tell me you're going."

"Well it's not like I have a choice."

"You never took a leave from that your job, I 'm sure they'll be surprised this time."

Seems like somebody is about to make a move! 💃🏽
Y'all ghost readers come out and stop hiding !
Vote! Comment ! Share !
Lt. Naz 🤍✨