Chapter 15

QOD " it is not over, until it is over."_ Yogi Berra

The urge to ask Mum what happened dragged my feet even harder and faster.

"Mum menene?" (Mum what is it?)

"Ba komai." (It's nothing)

"Mum you don't look like it's nothing."

"It's just mood swings."

Then the Dj began playing music as the Mc kept the event going, Mum and I had to speak on our lungs to hear ourselves.

"Go get a seat for yourself."

"No Mum I want to sit with you."

Mum tapped my shoulder signaling bring your ears closer. I did as asked.

As she whispered, "your Aunts are in for no good, if you sit with us it will cause more trouble."

I frowned at the thought of that, why are we at an event we don't feel valued for ? Why must we keep contact with family members, all they do is gossip argue, and make you think your life is never complete without them.

As a matter of fact, I could no longer allow myself to feel stupid anymore, I was still frowning when my phone buzzed, it was a message from Mum,
"smile please beautiful, let's confuse the enemies,

by the way you look like you'll take people's breath away."

I smiled and looked at Mum who seemed to be my whole world in one person at that instant, and with a head nod I texted back, "thank you Mum, I couldn't wait to show you my makeup, and I guess I've taken their breath away from the way they ogled.

I saw some empty chairs form behind the hall on entering the hall, since I wasn't much needed there, I sat at the back where this led light flashed my face and my skin was glowing like the sun, there I celebrated myself by bringing out all of my photography skills.

I got really cute selfies, and couldn't wait to send some to Daddy, I'd pay to see his reactions, I was still on it, when a little boy offered to help me,

"beautiful Aunty let me help you."

"Oh cutie what's your name?"

"My name is Abdallah, I'm 6 years old."

"Aren't you the cutest 6 years old I've ever met."

The light skinned little boy, smiled with puffy cheeks, It was a surprise he took good pictures, he looked so smart in his white Kaftan he had full eyebrows,

I was sure he'd have ladies queuing in front of his house the day he turns 18, his cuteness reminded me of the stories of Yusuf (AS).

He took about forty shorts and told me to delete the ones I don't like.

"How did you know I was going to delete them?" I asked curiously.

"I just know, that's what my sister does."

I let out a sly laugh before saying"No I won't, they're all gorgeous, I'm taking this photography thing to be your hobby."

"what's a hobby?"

"like, something you like doing."

"No Aunty I like to sleep."

"Oh cutie, no wonder you have those cute cheeks." I said as I rubbed my palms on his cheeks.

He smiled again, his happiness reminded me of my childhood.

We were still in our little chit chat, when I heard the MC said, "I want just the bride and groom on stage, if you must be here, I'm hoping it's money you're bringing."

I stood up to go spray them some money, only to be stopped my katsina's yeye Prince. "What's this one doing here now?" I asked the question in my head.

What's he doing there fr though?
Anyways, vote, comment, share!
Thank you for 500 reads! 🎊🎉✨
Lt. Naz 🤍✨