Chapter 16

QOD "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." –Martin Luther King, Jr.

"so you're here?" He asked the question.

With an arched eyebrow and a face wearing disgust, I looked at him before he quickly said .

"sorry I was talking to my nephew."

"Oh!" I exclaimed shamelessly.

"My bad, how are you ?" I greeted.

"I'm good, how about you?"

"I'm amazing!"

"You sure look like a queen."

"Thanks." I tried to cut the conversation short.

I then waved at my little friend, no wonder he had thick eyebrows, and puffy cheeks, I bet he's going to be short too, whuuu! Genes are thicker than blood, or how do they say that thing?

"Fairu..." he called.

"I turned swiftly with a small smile.

"If I were you I wouldn't go there."

"Why? It's my fave's wedding you know."

"Yes, but this Aunties are in for no good."

"Well, I'm ready for all of them, don't worry."

"I'm worried, I don't want anyone ruining this beautiful face, of yours."

"Thanks but no thanks." I said as I dashed into the stage.

The song Aya Aya by Ali jita was playing, well I couldn't dance to save my life, but y'all know black people got some rhythm, so I moved in sync with the beats. On getting to the couple

one of those nosy Aunties stood up, only to start yelling whatnot.

"You don't belong here, why didn't you call your Daddy so you can have a separate event elsewhere."

"Excuse me."

"Excuse you."

I ignored her and still went ahead to spray the bunch of 100 dollar notes I had in hand, with a smirk plastered on my face I moved forward, only to be dragged back by her and out of the hall.

I looked at mum, her face was covered in annoyance and innocence but there's nothing she could do, she walked behind us and outside, "you don't belong here, go and meet your daddy" Aunty screamed and all eyes were on us.

To avoid everyone ogling at me, I walked away and rested by a purple G-wagon ordered an Uber and waited patiently, so many thoughts crossed my mind especially that of leaving the arena with immediate effect.

"You shouldn't have drag her that way in public."I heard Mum say.

look Falmata if you all don't want to be here you can leave, I don't want anymore drama at this event."

"Coming form someone who is causing it."

"You're siding your daughter too? I should have known, you've all spoilt her." She hissed and then walked away.

"I ran to mummy, who looked too tired to even have another argument. She hugged me with a warm Pat on the back, I think you should go home and rest, we'll leave in two days.

"No Mum, I can't stay here any longer, I'm tired of being treated like an outsider." I said as tears flowed out from my eyes.

"It's okay, it's okay." She said the consoling words.

"I'll just go home mummy, I'll book the next flight."

"Whatever makes you happy, I can't just leave now. We should leave together, just go home and rest, let's go together, I'll help you pack."

"Cancel that Uber, My driver will take us home."

She dialed the number on her screen and in a few seconds he was there.

We drove home in each others embrace, I would be nothing without my Mum, I love my Dad beyond comparison, but the love I have for my mum is out of This world.

We got home, Mum helped me pack my little gold trolly box, I booked the next flight, And left her to complete her respect, there are so many things I won't do even if I become an elder in the family, this things are not by force.

Minutes passed as I arrived the airport, only to be felt by some unnecessary weather issues, it was cloudy so we had to wait a few before we took off.

I was still in my head, when a voice said, "let me join you please." It's the first time a Man's voice was all I wanted to hear again and again, Damn!

Assalamu'alaikum guys,
Ramadan kareem,
Sorry for the late update,
There's been a lot going on!
Jazakallahu khairan for the reads,
Thank you ! And enjoy!
Don't forget to share, vote and comment.
Lt. Naz 🤍✨