Calabash

(Art not mine)

It's an early morning day, Y/n and Mk sleep peacefully in their home but suddenly everything starts shaking scaring the two awake.

"Earthquake!" Mk yells Y/n looks around panicked after not seeing Inei "Inei? Inei where are you?!" His fear for his small furry companion growing by the second, the quake stops and Y/n can hear Mk whining.

He goes to Mk's room to check on the teen and notices that he's only crying over his stuff "Mk, are you okay?" The teen looks over with a hum and nods "Yeah I'm fine, but my stuf..." he whines to the older male who sighs with a smilie "Get dressed, you're late for work." Y/n says as he walks to his room.

Mk perks up and looks at his clock noticing he is indeed late, he runs around and quickly gets ready while yelling nonsense. Y/n calmly gets ready for the day(putting on his glamor) while looking for his companion.

He sighs not being able to find Inei and hopes that the little animal was down in the shop with the demon and scholar. Y/n and Mk go down to the shop, Mk runs in panicked while Y/n walks in calmly.

"Pigsy! I'm so sorry I'm late! I over slept and I guess I didn't set an alarm, honestly I don't even remember going to bed- and the earthquake! A-a-and then..please don't fire me!" Mk cry's on the ground bowing to Pigsy while Y/n hums.

He doesn't remember going to sleep ether, and he normally remembers everything. Something's off and the day just started...

"Fire you? Hah! Why would I fire you?" Mk and Y/n stare at Pigsy, they glance at each other then look back to Pigsy "you feeling alright Pigsy?" "Yeah! Last time you said "if your ever late again you. Are. FIRED!"" Y/n chuckles and Mk's silly antics but quickly coughs it off.

"I said that?" Pigsy taps his chin, Tang wraps his arm around Pigsy and chuckles "That doesn't sound like my best friend Pigsy." The two laugh together while Y/n narrows his eyes suspiciously at them.

Mk sweats and goes to say something before the room starts shaking again "Ah! It's happening again!" Y/n holds Mk close as the two close their eyes tightly not noticing the world glitch around them.

"What are you talking about?" "You guys don't feel that?" "Feel what?" Pigsy raises his brow while Tang leans forward on the counter "I think Mk's got a real case of the Mondays hm?" He hums at the end of his sentence. Y/n couldn't help but glare and a small growl leaves his throat "Tang what's going on with you?" Tang chuckles and smilies at the male "What are you talking about Y/n? We're fine, you two are acting weird."

Y/n crosses his arms while mk hums "Maybe it's an inner ear thing? Oh! The staff!" Mk pulls at his ear and shoves his finger in as if trying to look for it "It's in there real good." He falls to the ground while Y/n raises a brow "Mk, the staff can't get st-" he gets cut off by Pigsy making him glare.

"The staff ain't in your ear kid!" Mk chuckles getting off the ground "Oh, that's a relief...wait!" Y/n slams his hands on the table "Where is it?!" Tang raises a hand "Sitting on top of the mountain sealing away the bull king and his entire family."

Y/n raises a brow while Mk looks more confused "Uhh...what?" "You do remember right? I keep saying you work him too hard." Tang makes his way back to Pigsy who smilies "That's it! You're taking the day off!" Pigsy says cheerfully.

Mk's eyes sparkle while Y/n continues to glare "what are you-" he's once again cut off but this time by Mk dragging him out of the shop "Mk! Slow down!"

"This is my first day off in two whole years! This is a perfect day!" "Perfect!" People cheer behind them, Y/n raises a brow at them and gets an uncomfortable feeling.