~ loneliness and home-coming ~

Zaviyar found himself standing outside a stranded building a few kilometers away from Faridpur. He kept checking his phone to confirm the location that Kashif had sent. He was exactly there. He could see Seth Ahmer's car on the side of the road. He could also see another car parked at some distance. 

He checked his phone, 1:52 am. 

"Baba jaan, aap kya kar rahay hein yahan?"

He took a deep breath, said a little prayer and walked towards the building. Soon he met Kashif who was waiting for him outside the door of a small room which was dimly illuminated. 

He shared a look with Kashif, his eyes darting towards the room. 

He gulped.

He wished he was anywhere but here

~

Zaira kept pacing around in the room, her heart at unease. If she could, she would've ran behind him. But the realities of where they lived and who they were did not allow for such liberty. 

So she was stuck having to bear the toughest test of mankind: wait. 

Waiting has an undefined element of torture attached to it. A slow poisoning of a sort. Hoping for something good to happen while the list of all the possible wrongs keeps sneaking into your heart, and there is little you can do to stop it. 

She checked the time on her phone again. 

1:52 am. 

Letting out a loud groan, she sat down on the bed, her head in her hands. 

"Kahan chalay gaye ho, Zaviyar? Please ghar aa jao."

She leaned against the headboard as her heart kept screaming only one thing:

"Tumhein kyun itna farq parr raha hai?"

And the little voice inside her heart kept getting louder and louder. 

"Maan lo Zaira, wo shaks tumharay liye buhat zyada ahem hota ja raha hai."

~

The tension in the room was high. The two men seated opposite to each other under the dim light were just glaring at one another. Things were not going according to plan – they were too slow.

"Ahmer mene tumhein pehle bhi kaha tha, mujhe mere kaam mein takheer pasand nahi hai!"

"Aur ye takheer meri wajah se ho rahi hai? Tumharay banday hein na jin ko zameenon ki khareed ki zimaydaari di hai, pichlay dairh maheenay se lay day ke das bandon ko amaada kar paaye hein!"

"Mene tumhein samjhaya tha pehle bhi ke karobar aik lamba silsila hai, par tum se to rishtaydaari bhi nahi nibhayi ja rahi sahi se."

"Kehne kya chahtay ho tum? Ke ye sab meri ghalti hai?!"

Ahmer wasn't a man to lose his calm quickly, but such accusatory tone was where he drew the line.

"To aur kis ki ghalti hai? Betay ki shadi karanay ka kya faida jab ke tum us larki ke baap ko apni mutthi mein qaabu bhi nahi kar pa rahay."

"Kya karoon mein? Us ki beti ko maarna peetna shuru kar doon us pe pressure dalnay ke liye?"

The man outside the room had his breath caught in his throat at even the thought of anything happening to Zaira.

"Tumhein lagta hai ussay is baat se kuch farq paray ga agar us ki beti mar jaye?"

The man smirked at Ahmer who had a smug expression on his face too.