~ a win but at what cost? ~

"Aray haseena, kahan chup kar bethi thi? Mein kab se tum se milnay ki khuwahish mein tha."

A part of Zaira's brain went into shock mode, unable to comprehend reality. The other half, however, forced her into fight or flight mode, making her force her own senses to remain fully functional and plan an escape carefully.

Farhaan motioned his security personnel to head down as he walked towards Zaira, making her rush backwards.

"Tumhari behan ko dekha tha buhat saal pehle, ussi lamhay dil haar diya tha mene to. Shaadi karnay wala tha us se, par zindagi ne ussay muhlat hi nahi thi."

He was too close now and Zaira's breathing was as heavy as it could be. The memories of Zareen's death being brought back didn't help.

"Par meri qismat to dekho, wo nahi to us ki us se bhi haseen behan mere saamnay hai aaj."

He extended his hand towards her face but Zaira slapped it away.

"Apnay ghaleez haath mujh se door rakho!"

Farhaan's eyes widened as a smirk made its way to his face.

"Waah, tum to takkar ki larki lagti ho. Beautiful and feisty, this will be fun!"

He laughed as he stepped closer, Zaira now pinned against the wall. As he was about to touch her, she pulled her arm out from behind her back in which she held a random broom. She hit it on his head as hard as she could, making Farhaan lose his balance for a moment. Zaira took the moment to scream loudly and make Rabail rush out as she pushed Farhaan to the ground.

She grabbed Rabail's hand and began running out, throwing random objects behind her to create hurdles for Farhaan. Owing to his old age, it took him some time to get up and run behind the girls, providing them with ample time to head out of the building and towards more crowded areas.

Once down, Farhaan shouted at his security to run behind the girls and catch them, as he himself struggled to do so as well.

Muraad had returned home only a while back, and after freshening up, he made his way up to meet the girls when the view in front of him made his heart almost stop beating. The front door was not only opened, it was broken down.

"Rabail! RABAIL! Zaira bhabi, kahan hein aap log?"

The more he walked inside, the tenser he got as he observed all the objects thrown around. A few steps away, he saw a dupatta lying on the floor. As he bent down to pick it up, his brain began to come up with the worst explanations, making him rush down.

They were in trouble, and he hoped he wasn't too late.

Zaira was trying her hardest to motivate Rabail to keep up the pace, but was failing to do so. The men, with their longer legs, were nearing them, and having to run in slippers was not in their plans for the day. Rabail's slipper broke, making her fall to the ground.

Zaira was a few steps ahead when she realised she wasn't following. She stopped and turned back to see Rabail on the ground, the men dangerously close to her.

"Rabail!"

She shouted and began running back towards her, but a man had already grabbed her by then.

Zaviyar turned the engine off and rested against the backseat for a few moments. A sigh was let out.

A sigh of relief?

A sigh of exhaustion?

He didn't know what it was.

He couldn't wait to be curled up in Zaira's arms and ignore reality for some time.