Chapter 2

~Vanessa~

The next morning I made sure my room was clean and everything was put away. I'm very OCD about that, even though everything else about me is sloppy. After I showered and changed, I walked downstairs to grab some breakfast. I wanted to run today, to explore our new territory. I knew where the territory ends and I know that the Alpha who needed our help didn't have a problem with us going to the lake located on his territory. The lake wrapped around his and the other Alpha's territory, which was slightly nice.

The other Alpha was cruel and dangerous, any trespasser was captured and most likely killed. I was disgusted by him, even though I never met him. I heard he's abusive, he ended up killing his mate. He was now searching for his second chance mate and I feel bad for whoever she is.

After breakfast I met Christine by the forest's edged and shifted, racing through the trees. We kept on running until hitting the nice Alpha's territory. Until I know their names I'll call him the nice Alpha and the other Alpha will be evil Alpha. I slid to a halt, waiting for one of his patrols to come by and allow us to enter. Christine was wagging her tail, excited to go to the lake. I laughed at her excitement when a patrol finally arrived. I could tell it was a she, she was smaller than the one beside her and had a female body. Her wolf was a light grey almost silver wolf with white paws, her eyes were a bright ivy green and her muzzle was white.

She stopped in front of us and barked happily.

"You must be the Alpha's daughter."  she mind-linked me.

I tilted my head, "You can mind-link me?"

"Yeah, your father gave our pack permission."

"Ah, how did you know I was his daughter?"

"You're the only wolf in your pack who is white as snow with black specks all over your body. Also, your paws are black and so is the tip of your tail. He described your wolf to us and your friend's wolf. Even though he didn't say her name."

"Oh, her name is Christine. We were wondering if we could go to the lake."

"Of course! Maybe we could hang out some day, if my father allows it."

I didn't miss the sad note in her tone, her eyes showing sorrow as she said those words. I was confused, did her father not let her have any friends? I was determined to be her friend, if that was the case. I couldn't imagine my life without being able to have at least some fun.

Christine and I trotted over the boundry lines and walked to the lake, saying goodbye to the she-wolf. We figured out her name was Olivia and she was the Alpha's daughter. Also, her father's name is Jeremy. She seemed annoyed when she told us about her mom, saying how she's full of herself. I felt bad for her, being locked away from other teen wolves by your father and being mentally abused by your mother. I highly doubt her mother is all that pretty.

When we finally reached the lake we laid down on the sand and enjoye the sun. Like regular dogs or wolves, we love sun bathing and so do our wolves. Christine's younger sister was the biggest sun bather though, she would sun bathe whenever she got the chance. It's dangerous after a certain amount time, therefor we make sure she goes in to cool off. We talked about pack stuff and how we wonder what the Alpha of the other pack looks like.

"I bet he's ugly." I laughed.

She chuckled, "I don't know, he would be the first ugly Alpha I've seen. Seriously, why are all Alphas perfect?"

"Please don't tell me you think that about my father."

"Hey, your father has a damn six pack and looks like a fitness model. You cannot tell me he isn't handsome at least."

"Well, I don't really study my dad in that way."

"Can't blame you, that would be awkward."

"Tell me about it."

"Hey, after this we should go and walk past those borders. I want to know if his territory really does some dark and abandoned."

"I don't know, what if we run into one of his patrols? Or worse, him."

"They can't do anything, we're on our territory."

"True."

"Then it's a plan!"

"Fine."

We yawned, panting as the heat made us calm. After a while we decided to swim and play fight, getting sand all over us. We shook off the sand once we dried, not liking the feeling of it stuck to our fur. We walked back over to our territory, saying hello to a few patrol wolves. We didn't see Olivia again, but I wasn't surprised. She's only on patrol for an hour and she said she only had fifteen minutes left.

It took Christine a few more minutes to convince me to walk along the boundry lines, looking into their territory. Unlike what I imagined, his territory was beautiful. It was sun filled and the trees were all a bright lime green, the forest floor was rich with soil and growing plants, there were beautiful stones to make it look like a dream forest. There were plenty of animals running around and doing whatever it is that they do. We were both astonished by it, it was absolutely breath taking.

"Why isn't our territory like that?" Christined asked through the mind-link. "It's stunning!"

"Clearly they take care of it."  I replied, still gaping at it.

I got tense as a cold chill ran down my spine, my mouth watered when a intoxicating scent hit my nose. It smelled of peppermint and roses. Strange but addicting smell. I scanned the territory, searching for the place it was coming from. That's when I saw him.

The Alpha.

Author's note: Sorry for any mistakes! :) Thanks for the wonderful comments and support! You guys are the best! :D

So....who should play him? I know everyone hated the guy who played him in my old version. To be honest, I didn't like him either.