Chapter 27

~Anonymous~

I growled, punching the tree to my left. I then proceeded to throw random trees, my anger growing as I watched them. It disgusted me. To see that love. To see romance. I ran my hand through my hair, I never had that type of love. I never had a mate, I probably did at some point, but she's most likely with someone else now. My wolf howled in pain, wanting to find his mate.

I watched their house, loathing their love for each other. I'll admit, I'm jealous, but he doesn't deserve it. He never has and he never will. I shifted and ran off, needing to release some frusterations and get my mind off things. As I reached our camp I grabbed some she-wolf's arm, dragging her to my cabin. I threw her onto my bed and ordered her to undress.

Fear was evident in her hideous hazel eyes, but I didn't care. I quickly undressed; she tried escaping me but I slapped her. Hard.

I threw her out when I was done and slammed my door closed. Ignoring her comments of "You're such a disgusting pig!" I winced as those words came out of her mouth. For some odd reason her words hurt more than anyone else's words.

My wolf wanted me to drag her back in here, but I refused to. A random she-wolf shouldn't be taking over my mind like this. That's alright, I'll just kick her out tomorrow morning.

~Vanessa~

I quietly stared out the window, a strange feeling washing over me as I saw a few bushes move. I swear I saw bright blue eyes watching me. I quickly turned my attention to Veloces as he walked into the room. He seemed tired as he slumped onto the bed, not holding the regular strong Alpha stance. I got up from my chair and walked over. Sitting down beside him, I gently rubbed circles on his back and waited for him to talk.

"Someone's attacking my patrols again. I don't recongnize the scent either." he mumbled, running her hand down his face. "What am I going to do? I mean...if...or when we start a family, I want them to be safe."

I smiled softly and kissed his cheek, "Veloces, no matter what we do there will always be some type of danger. The world is a very...complicated place and being a werewolf just adds onto the complications. Rogues run around these forests like madmen and other packs try murdering neighboring packs. You're doing the best you can, that's all we can expect from you or anyone else. You're being a wonderful Alpha and if we're thinking about starting a family soon, that's exactly what you'll need to be. That and a loving father."

He looked at me and smiled, "Where would I be without you?"

"Underground, dead." I replied, smirking.

He rolled his eyes, "Always the one to reply with a serious answer."

We kissed once more before he got up and grabbed a towel. While he took a shower I took my place at the chair again, watching the forest outside my window. My wolf growled, not liking that feeling as it came over us again. I was lost in my train of thoughts, not even noticing Veloces' shower ending.

I jumped and shrieked when he suddenly grabbed me, his eyes laced with amusement. I playfully slapped him on the shoulder before looking out the window again.

"Hey, are you alright?" he asked, now concerned.

I sighed, "I think this intruder who's murdering our patrols...was outside our window. I saw the bushes move and I swear I saw two blue eyes. I know they weren't yours, there was something in them...something that would send chills down someone's spine."

"Then I'll have to double up patrols around the packhouse as well. No way in hell is he or she ever getting in here." he said, pulling me close.

We laid beside each other in bed, kissing for a while. After a little bit we parted and cuddled up, both of us closing our eyes and drifting off to sleep. Something tells me that Crudelis was only the beginning.

Author's note: I'm tempted to post an Epilogue next and just end it here. I don't want to drag this book on forever, especially since there's a new enemy. A sequel is sounding good right now. Thoughts?

.........

Sorry for any mistakes!