Chapter 20

~Vanessa~

I groaned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as the sun decided to blind me. Once my eyes adjusted to the light I glanced at Veloces, frowning when I saw his eyes were still closed. I kissed him on the head once more then made my way out of the packhouse. I wanted to see my parents, but knew better than to wake them up at seven in the morning. I shifted once I got outside, shaking out my fur helped me relax a little. I decided to walk back to my new pack, needing this time to wake up and just calm myself down.

I was beyond upset when Veloces still hadn't woken up, my heart breaking each day. The guilt clawed through me as if I were paper, making me hate myself even more. I caused all this mess, goddess, I've been so stupid. If I hadn't ignored him and saw the signs of Jeremy being evil, I would have been able to stop at least one part of this. I should have been more observant, but I wasn't.

Once I reached my territory I shifted back and continued walking, feeling empty. Tears wanted to come out along with my sobs, but as always, I forced them back. I hated myself so much and it's starting to bring me down. I ran my hand through my hair, after today Jeremy will attack both packs. After today I could lose my life or one of the packs. After today I could lose Veloces if Jeremy's warriors get into that infirmary.

"Luna, are you alright?"

I turned to see Bane frowning, concern in his eyes. I smiled, "Yeah, just tired."

"You look upset." he stated. "I know that look, my mother has worn it many times."

I just stared at him, stunned. I then let out a frustrated breath, "I'm just...stressed out with all of this. My own mate is in a coma, I'm leading a pack, and we're going to get into a fight tomorrow with Jeremy's pack. Goddess knows if Crudelis brought an army of wolves with him." I groaned, my voice slightly cracking.

"Hey, you're doing your best. That is what counts. We're a strong pack and so is Alpha Blake's pack. We're going to try our hardest to end them. They've murdered countless of wolves." Bane said, a small smile on his face. "You need to take a deep breath and relax, focus on something. Get your anger out."

I grinned, an idea forming in my head. "I think I have an idea of what I'm going to do get my anger out. Thanks, Bane. What are you doing out here anyway?"

"Patrols with Elijah, but he's taking a little bit to get here."

"I'm here! There were twinkies and-

"You just had to have one?" Bane asked, cutting him off.

Elijah grinned from ear to ear, "Yes."

I laughed as they started bickering, "Well, I'm going to get some anger out. You two pay attention to the borders and not twinkies." I ordered.

I then smirked, grabbing one twinkie and booking it to the packhouse. "LUNA!"
Elijah whined.

I laughed, taking a bite of the junk food. God, have I missed these. After I finished the twinkie I wiped my mouth and walked up to my and Veloces' room. I searched through the drawers, grabbing a workout outfit. After getting dressed I walked down to the gym, relieved that I get to punch something.

I stayed in there for hours, running around the indoor track, punching the punching bag, shifting and running, and lifting weights. By the time I was done I felt exhausted and not so frustrated anymore. My body was soaked in sweat, my hair sticking to my face and forehead. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle, downing it in less than five seconds.

"Whoa, who are you?" someone asked, their voice husky.

I looked over to see a man around Veloces' age, he was pretty handsome, but nothing compared to Veloces. He had hazel eyes, blonde hair, and a six pack. I put the water bottle with the recyclables and threw my small towel over my shoulder.