Chapter 8

~Vanessa~

I glowered at Christine, hating her plan. After my leg was healed she wants me to find Veloces and make him apologize. I didn't want to see him, it's already bad enough that I'm still sleeping in the same room as him. Not that I want to, Claytona and Christine insisted on it. I swear they want me killed.

"Maybe you two will have some....nice conversation time?" she said, saying it as more of a question.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Yeah, we'll just sit down and eat cupcakes while gazing into each other's eyes."

"You can't just leave your mate though...I mean, you're his second chance mate."

"And he's my first mate. I have a second chance one...somewhere."

She shook her head, clearly disappointed with the way I'm acting towards him. I let my guard down and he attacked me during the night. This is abuse, I shouldn't have to stay with his sorry ass. I groaned, only thirty more minutes until my leg is healed, thank you werewolf genes. Christine left after our little conversation about Veloces, which I was thankful for. I'm getting annoyed with her and Clayton, can't they see that he's abusing me? Are werewolves supposed to accept this?

I know the female in a wolf pack is just used for breeding, but we're not just animal. We're human too and I am not going to put up with this. I shook my head, after my leg heals I have to leave. This is the second time he abused me, I can't keep doing this to myself. Usually, after the first time the man hits you like Veloces did to me, you're supposed to leave him. Well, the first time he attacks you. He murdered his first mate and he will most likely kill me. I can't stay with him.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the bedroom, ignoring Christine as she tried mind-linking me. I walked outside and right into Veloces who seemed confused and shocked.

"Va-

"I'm rejecting you, Veloces." I stated, glaring at him.

He frowned, "What?"

"I, Vanessa Rose Crescent, reject you, Veloces Black, as my mate and Alpha." I sighed.

His eyes were wide with shock, his jaw was clenched and his whole body froze. I didn't have time to wait for him to accept my rejection, so I placed the strap of my bag in my mouth and shifted. I sprinted through the forest, propelling myself forward so I could get past the boundry line before he's able to catch me. I jumped over it and back into my father's territory, sighing with relief. I looked back over the border, not seeing anyone following me.

I shrugged it off and ran back to my packhouse, relieved to be away from my abusive mate. I shifted back and slung my bag over my back. I barged through the front doors and sighed, taking a deep breath. I'm free.

I walked up to my room and placed my bag on the ground, plopping myself onto the bed. I rolled my eyes when I saw I had six missed calls from Christine. I could care less if she's against this, Veloces is a dangerous man. He's cruel and abusive, just like everyone said. He's everything Alpha Jeremy had said, he's a monster and deserves to be punished at least. I still can't bring myself to agree to kill him though.

I walked downstairs to find my parents in the kitchen, I grinned and hugged them.

"Vanessa? What are you doing home?" my mother asked.

"I left Veloces after rejecting him." I explained, sitting down.

"Why?"

"He abused me mom, he attacked me last night. I know it was only four days and he only attacked me twice...but...he would have done it again. I can't put up with that."

She frowned and hugged me, "Sweetie, I am so sorry. You'll find your second chance mate, so don't worry."

"I hope so."

"Well, why don't you come with me to Alpha Jeremy's pack?" my father asked. "He's been telling me that his daughter was excited to meet you."

"That sounds great!"

~Veloces~

I stared at the ground, watching the water rush by me. I have no idea what to do anymore, I killed my first mate and now my second left me because of what I did. I don't even remember attacking her during the night, neither does my wolf. I guess I was having a nightmare about those wolves attacking my pack. Maybe I was seeing them instead of seeing Vanessa. Maybe I attacked her thinking she was them.

Guilt made itself known in my heart and I hated it. I cause everyone's death whenever I'm around them. I can't do cause deaths when I'm the Alpha. I got up and punched the tree, my anger coursing through me as I began to hate myself even more.

I'm a monster.

I'm a monster.

I'm a monster.

I'm a monster.

Author's note: Quick chapter, I know, this will probably be at least 20 chapters long. I don't know yet.