Chapter 15

~Vanessa~

After I could walk without almost passing out, we all ran down to my father's office. We didn't even have time to explain why we were running and sat down. I put the two files on his desk and took a deep breath.

"We can't kill Alpha Jeremy and rescue Veloces at the same time. So, what we're going to do is call Olivia. She's going to give us the information we need and help us from the inside. Once we have everything we need and have the group picked out, we are going to sneak into his territory and find Veloces. Olivia is hopefully going to keep the patrols and warriors away so we can get in there. We're going to do it when her parents are asleep so we don't have to worry about them." I explained.

"Once we find Veloces, we're going to have to get him out of there which is the hard part. He's going to be badly injured. I know, it has been one day, but if his father is there..." I trailed off, not being able to finish.

"He's going to look like he's been there for a whole week." Clayton finished. "His father abuses him whenever he has the chance. A whole day equal a whole week of beatings for Veloces."

My father nodded, "We're going to need strong and fast warriors in the group."

"That is where his brother, Fortis, comes in. We'll take two of our warriors and two of yours. Plus Christine, Vanessa, and I, we're going to be going as well." Clayton explained.

"So, eight are going in?" My father asked.

I nodded, "Yes, once we rescue Veloces we're going to have to get him to an infirmary quickly. Not only that, but the next day when Jeremy finds out, we have to start doubling patrols. We're going to have to train like there's no tomorrow. We have to be ready for a war."

My father smiled, "You're thinking more like an Alpha than your brother." he chuckled, pride and amusement laced through his eyes.

I grinned, "Well, I'm the only Alpha Black Thorn has right now. It's about time I start acting like one."

"So." Clayton turned towards me. "When do we start, Luna."

I grinned, "Call Fortis."

Author's note: Another short one, I know, but Chapter 16 will be looong. :)