CHAPTER 5:

“Quinn, wake up!”

“Ellie, it's too early for this. Please just let me freaking sleep!”

Ellie chuckled.

“Early? Quinn, it's 11:00 am, You need to get the hell up, or we will be late.”

“Why did you let me sleep in?”

“I didn't. I just got up myself, like 15 minutes ago.”

“Well, that doesn't really surprise me.”

“Hey, a girl needs her beauty sleep.”

“You really drive me crazy, do you know that?”

She smiled at me. I just smiled back and got out of bed.

“Yeah, but you still love me.”

“That is true. Let me just take a quick wake-up shower, yeah?”

“Okay, breakfast will be done when you are.” I laughed.

“Don't you mean lunch?”

She gave me a look, but she eventually laughed.

“Okay, enough with the jokes, get your ass in the shower, pronto!”

“Jesus, so aggressive.” I said under my breath.

“I heard that!” Ellie yelled as she made her way down the hall. I just grinned to myself.

I quickly jumped into the shower, and about 15 minutes later, I was done, I got dressed and made my way downstairs.

I was always excited when Ellie made us food, she has her grandma's cooking skills, damn could they cook.

“Hey, what are you making?” Ellie smirked at me.

“You'll see. Now get out of my kitchen!”

“Yes. Chef.” I fake saluted her and dashed into the living room. 

About 30 minutes later, Ellie was done, and she placed everything on the dining table.

“Wow, you really went all out.”

“Yeah, Gram asked me to make extra.”

“Why?”

“She said we're having a guest.”
“Who?”

“She didn't really say, but they should be here in about-” The door opened, interrupting her.

“Now.” Ellie finished her sentence.

I can't believe my eyes. Is my mind playing tricks on me?

“Carter?”

“Oh my god, I can't believe you're here. You had us worried sick, mom, and dad will feel so relieved when they find out about this.”

“Yeah, I apologize for worrying you.”

“You should be, you just fucking left without saying a word.”

“Eleanor! Language.”

“Sorry, Grandma.”

What the hell is happening? Am I dreaming? I didn't know what to do, I've just been staring in front of me the whole time since he got here.

“Quinn, are you okay?”

Why is he talking to me? I would rather not talk to him, I probably don't have a choice.

“Y…yeah, I'm fine.”

“It's so great to see you, I didn't know you would be here.”

“Yeah, you too. Can you please excuse me? I need to use the bathroom.”

I stood from my chair. I smiled at them. I just need to clear my head a little. I made my way into the bathroom, I locked the door behind me. When I looked into the mirror, I finally lost it. Tears spilled from my eyes.

“I can't deal with this shit. I'm not ready.” There was a knock on the door.

“Quinn? It's Carter, are you okay?”

Great, just what I fucking needed. I quickly splashed some water on my face and dried my eyes. I glanced at the mirror to make sure that you couldn't see that I was crying. I unlocked the door and opened it, so he could come in.

He entered the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

“Why are you here, Carter?”

“It's a long story.”

“I'm not ready, I would rather not see you.”

“I know, but please just hear me out.”

“Carter, please, you're really complicating things for me.”

“Quinn, please just listen to me.”

“I can't, please just leave me alone.”

“Please? Just five minutes, that's all I ask.”

“Fine.”

“I know you blame me for what happened. But please just listen, you never heard my side of the story, it's your choice whether you believe me or not.”

“Okay, I'm listening.”

“The night, Quinton caught me and Jessica together, before he caught us, he and Jessica got into this massive fight. They broke up, well, that's what she told me. I had a drinking problem, I still do. Anyway, I was drunk like completely wasted, all I could remember was that at some point I blacked out, I woke up when Quinton yanked me out of bed, and he punched me in the face, I was so fucking confused, I didn't remember even sleeping with her, I'm still not sure if I did or not.”

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say nor do, I felt completely numb. I could feel my face go pale. Not only that, but I think I'm in shock.

“Quinn, I promise you I would never do something so fucked up on purpose.” I sat down on the toilet.

“I know.”

I don't really know what to say. But I do believe him.

“So you believe me?”

“Of course I do.”

“Then why have you been ignoring me?”
“I was hurt.”

“Because of the thing with Quinton and me?”

“That and something else.”
“What do you mean?”

I have to tell him, maybe this is a way for me to heal.

“I was in love with you, I still have feelings for you. You and I were sneaking around, you were my first, I just never told you because I was embarrassed. And when Quinton told me about what happened I was so fucking hurt and angry, I never wanted to see you again, I still don't.”

He had an unknown expression on his face, That I've never seen before.

“You loved me?”

“Yes, I did.”

“I love you too, I mean loved, I loved you too.”

“You did?”

“Of course I did. I mean, who couldn't? You're fucking remarkable.”

“Thanks, Carter.”

“Could you ever find it in you to forgive me?”

“I already forgave you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks, I really needed that.”
“What do you mean?”

He sighed and looked away from me.

“Carter?”

“Quinn, I'm leaving. I'm moving to New York in a week.”

“What?”

That what didn't come from me. Ellie was standing in the doorway. I really hope she didn't hear everything.