CHAPTER 14:

Ryder walked me all the way to the front door. We held hands the whole time.

“Call me later?”

He asked, smiling at me.

“Yeah, of course.”

He kissed me on the cheek. He smiled at me and turned to leave, but I grabbed him by the arm to stop him.

“Quinn, what-”

The words died in his mouth when I lunched forward, and threw my arms around him.

“Thank you.”

I whispered against his chest. Every time I'm in his arms like this, I would rather not leave. He makes me feel so safe.

“Quinn?”

He said my name. He sounded pretty serious. I leaned back a little as I said,

“Yeah?”

He took a breath, I could feel him inhale against my cheek.

“I want you to be mine.”

I froze. My body went completely still. I slowly stepped back from him.

“What?”

He stepped closer to me and took my hands in his bigger ones.

“I want to be with you.”

I had no words, I really do want to be with him, I really do. But how would it work? We live so far from each other.

“Ryder, I don't know what to say.”

He quickly looked away, but when he looked at me again, he seemed even more serious than before.

“I know what you're thinking, but you don't have to worry about any of that, we can make it work.”

There was a quick pause, before he continued.

“I know it.”

I still had no idea what to say.

“You don't have to say anything right now, I know you have a lot going on, I won't push you.”

I squeezed his hand in mine.

“Thanks for understanding. I really have to get inside, but I promise I'll call you later.”

He pulled me in for one more hug. He planted a kiss on my temple.

“Talk to you later, baby.”

I already know that I'm blushing. There's just something about him calling me that, that feels right. I don't know how to describe it.

When he finally left, I made my way inside, I immediately went straight to Gram's room. She and I still have a lot to talk about.

“Quinn, where have you been, dear?”

Grams asked, sounding concerned as I entered her room.

“We have to talk.”

She sighed out loud.

“I know.”

I took a deep breath before speaking.

“Did you know, about what he was planning?”

Grams looked at me in disbelief.

“God no, Quinn, how can you think something like that?”

I looked her straight in the eye.