CHAPTER 7:

I am feeling very nervous all of a sudden. Ellie and I are waiting for the guys to get here, we are sitting outside on the steps. We haven't really been waiting long. We've only been out here for 5 minutes.

15 minutes later, the guys pulled up in front of the house. They both looked very handsome. Ryder was the first to get out of the car.

“Hey.”

He greeted me and Ellie with a smile.

“Hey, how are you doing?”

James said from behind Ryder.

“Hey, we're doing great. Thanks for asking.”

I didn't say anything, I just stood there like an idiot.

Ryder cleared his throat before speaking.

“So, should we get going?” He looked at me while asking his question.

“Ugh, yeah, let's go.”

I would have suggested we just walk since the beach is basically right next to Grandma Rose's house, but we didn't really want Carter to see us with some random guys we just met.

Ellie and James sat in the back, and Ryder and I sat in the front. I told James that I didn't mind sitting in the back, but he insisted that I sit in the front.

Ellie and James had a lot in common, I've never seen her smile this much around someone before. She had a boyfriend before, multiple actually, but last year, her ex did something that really hurt her, and ever since then, she hasn't really been dating.

“Are you okay?” Ryder asked next to me.

“Yeah, I'm fine, why do you ask?”

I wonder if he could tell that I'm nervous as hell.

“It's just that you've been quiet since we entered the car.”

This is one of my many qualities that I hate so much. When I'm nervous, I go quit.

“So it's just when I'm nervous, I don't speak that much.”

He looked at me with his one eyebrow raised.

“Why are you nervous?”

I took a deep breath before answering.

“I don't really know.” I paused before continuing.

“I don't actually trust that easily. The last time I did, I got hurt, and I don't want to go through that again.”

He looked away from me. He had a sad look on his face, but he quickly replaced it with a smile.

“Hey, I understand. And I promise I would never hurt you on purpose. That's not who I am, not anymore.”

I was stunned by his words. It was so unexpected, all I could say was

“Thank you.”

We pulled up at the beach. There weren't that many people today.

“Here we are.”

Ryder said while killing the engine.

“Yeah, let's go.”

James said from behind us. We all got out of the car and made our way down the stairs towards the beach. I inhaled a breath, I always loved the smell of the ocean.

“Okay, follow us.”

Ryder said with a grin on his face.

“What?”