CHAPTER 8:

I don't really know whether I'm thrilled to see him or not. He got here much earlier than he said he would.

“Quinn?” I snapped out of my trance.
“Ugh, you're early.” He cleared his throat before speaking.

“Ugh, yeah. James car broke down, so he asked me to give him a ride.” Now it makes a little more sense.

“Oh, sorry. Where are my manners? Do you want to come in?” Ryder looked taken aback. But he quickly smiled at me before answering.

“Uh, yeah, sure.”

I stepped aside so they could come in. Thank god no one was here. Carter left because he had to take Grandma Rochelle to the shops. Her chauffeur had the day off.

“Uh, Ellie will be down in a sec. You can just take a seat in the living room. Can I get you something to drink?”

“Uh, sure. Just water for me, please.” James said with a smile.

“Okay. I'll be right back.”

“I'll come with you.” I heard Ryder say from behind me.

“Uh, okay, sure.” Ryder followed me into the kitchen, I was starting to feel really nervous again.

I grabbed a glass from the kitchen cabinet and filled it with water for James. Not only that, but I turned to leave when I almost bumped into something.

Ryder was standing so close to me, I could hear him breathing. I could also tell that he was a little nervous.

“Sorry. I should have texted you. But I didn't think I would be here this early.” I smiled, I didn't know why, but I did.

“It's okay, I'm glad you're here.” He smirked.

But I think it was more to himself than me.

“Are you really?” He asked with his one eyebrow raised.

“Off course, I am.” He looked at me like I was crazy.

“But you barely know me.” He stated.

“I know. Since I met you at that party, I couldn't stop thinking about you.”

What the hell is going on with me?

I'm never this confident. His smirk faded, and it was replaced with a seriousness I haven't seen in him yet.

“I haven't stopped thinking about you, too.”

This isn't real. I'm dreaming, I must be dreaming. The cutest guy I've ever met just told me that he can't stop thinking about me, and all I do is stare at him like a complete idiot.

“Quinn, did you hear what I just said?” I shook my head. And the only word that I could get out was.

“Really?”

“Yeah, you're all I can think about day and night. This is a complete new feeling for someone like me, I'm not usually the type of guy to think about a person apart from myself. But with you, it's different, different in a good way.”

I was speechless. I had no word. Not only that, but I was about to speak when I was cut off by loud laughing coming from the living room.

Furthermore, I grabbed James water from the kitchen counter and made my way back to the living room.

“What is going on here?” I asked with a big smile plastered on my face as I entered the living room.

James was sitting on the couch. And Ellie was sitting on the one opposite of his.