Chapter 15 - Marrow

" Wake up to you above my bed, angelic stranger
Time waits for no one she said and I believed her
Slowly we danced into the night
Oceans and moonlight and carefully I watched as she set my soul on fire

Time waits for no one she said and I believed her
And time waits for no one she sang, she sang

I suppose to walk away would be too easy
When signs flashed to run without a trace we said forever
Angels in this wake, arrived and gathered fate
How one touch could save the world or at least mine. "

'Marrow' - 36 Crazyfists

******************************

Emily frowned at Jared words. "Jay. I—"

She stepped closer towards him, holding out her hands and making to take Jared's in them to comfort him as he seemed to be wrestling with his inner thoughts.

"No. Em I-I ..." he quickly got up off of the stool he had been sitting on, completely forgetting that he was still wearing the recording headphones around his neck and became entangled in the cable hanging down from them.

"Shit!"

Trying not to laugh; it was strange seeing Jared in such disarray, as he was usually so meticulously composed and organised in everything he did, Emily managed to reach out just in time to prevent him from wiping himself out by face-planting onto the carpet.

"Shit, Jay. Are you OK? That was a close one. You nearly face-planted on the floor. Here. Let me help you detangle."

She made to gently push him away from herself in order to grab the cable from around his legs, but felt him tugging at her forearms and looked up to find him staring intently at her.

"No. Leave it. Emily, I need to tell you something." He bit his lower lip, looking almost distressed.

"Ok?" Emily looked at him puzzled.

He shifted, still tangled up in the headphones cable, and managed to sit back down on the stool, moving to turn his back to the small sound desk that was behind him, leaning against it.

"I-I—. Fuck it." He took a deep breath.

Emily had never seen him look so pensive before.

"Emily. I love you. I-I'm in love with you, Ok? I-I don't know what I'm doing, I don't what I'm saying, hell, I've never even felt like this about someone before. You know how much I like things to be done my way. I-I feel so out of depth with this."

She could tell that he was anxious right now, because of the way he was babbling and the way the words kept tumbling out of his mouth like a waterfall. The tips of his ear were starting to turn red and he was becoming more and more flushed in the face.

"I never said anything because I wasn't sure of what I was feeling. This is all so new to me, it's foreign territory, but I know now, after many sleepless nights wrestling with my thoughts and feelings, that it is love for you that I am feeling."

Emily stood there in complete silence, completely dumbfounded. She knew that his feelings for her were strong, after what he had confessed to her last time on tour, but here he was , Jared Fucking Leto, sitting before her declaring his love for her, when she was engaged to his brother.

Jared looked at her with pleading eyes. "Emily. Please say something, anything."

Eventually Emily opened her mouth to say something in response, but was cut off by the sound of a door closing. She wiped her head around in the direction of the sound and fleetingly caught a glimpse of blonde hair, realising it must have been Emma.