Episode One: PRIDE

INT. A QUIET GRACE RESTAURANT - FLASH BACK

Kent is inside making his way through the smoke and fire.

KENT-(PANIC) MEKHI! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!

EXT. PARKING LOT - SAME TIME

Taylor in a panic runs out towards the street and yelling into her phone.

TAYLOR- (crying) Where is the fire truck or somebody anybody please?!

NEAL-(to Morgan) What did you just say?

Morgan looks at him she's nervous.

MORGAN- I took a test and-

The fire gets bigger inside the restaurant

TAYLOR-(crying) Kent!

INT. A QUIET GRACE RESTAURANT- SAME TIME

MEKHI- (O.S) (coughing) K! I'm down here.

Kent is coughing having trouble breathing. He walk towards the basement and notices Reggie on the ground and then he looks back at the basement door.

KENT-(coughing) Fuck.

Kent begins to cough more as more smoke builds. He takes off his jacket and his wedding ring falls out of its pocket which transcends to Taylor's engagement ring as she's looking down at it on her hand in the hospital waiting room and she's a mess.

Neal is standing by a water gallon looking at her.

NEAL- (V.O) My name is Neal Carter (walks away) I'm a senior at Lynview High school school (walks down the hospital hall) Lynview is just a place somewhere in the world ... maybe it's a lot like your world (stands still and looks ahead) maybe it's nothing like it.

NEAL-(V.O) but if you look closer (looks at Taylor sympathetically) you might see someone like you (walks up to Taylor) or someone like my best friend, T. If you're married, a senior in high school and being harassed by the media, (Taylor hugs Neal, crying) and not sure if your husband is still alive ... then I'd say your world is a lot like Taylor's.