EPISODE 11: WHY I LOVE YOU

EXT. WEST BALTIMORE - NIGHT

Tavon is walking the street by himself tears strolling down his face. He steps over blue and white confetti that fills the street.

SPORTS ANNOUNCER VOICE OVER- And there is no joy in Lynview tonight because the Wildcats have lost the state championship. You can't help but question where Deandre Moore will go from here?

INT. HOSPITAL- NIGHT

Morgan and Zhuri are holding each other crying.

SPORTS ANNOUNCER VOICE OVER- There are tears, and there are questions.... No doubt about it... hearts are breaking in Lynview tonight.

INT. THE CARTER HOUSE - NEALS ROOM - 48 HOURS BEFORE

Taylor and Neal sit across each other microphones in front of them. Taylor is interviewing Neal.

TAYLOR- So tell me Neal why was it so important to do this interview today and why here?

NEAL- I didn't want to do a simple Instagram live because this is a very serious topic. And I wanted to be at the place where my dream of basketball started...here at this house in my room.

TAYLOR- you've been playing basketball since you were like what? Six years old?

Neal laughs a little a little.

NEAL- pretty much I really can't remember a time where the ball wasn't in my hands.

TAYLOR-So tell us why you wanted to have this conversation today?

NEAL- I wanted to address everything that's been going on and I didnt want  to make some instagram note post or a quick live. I had a friend and he had a party to watch the all star game we hung out and then we took a ride which lead to a accident and he was afraid because he had been drinking. I was afraid because it happened so fast and I kinda set in shocked thinking this could cause me to lose everything I've been working towards. So I decided not to say anything , but once I realized how that was even more dangerous and irresponsible I made the report to the police. I'm sure alot of people think that is uncool but I knew that was the right thing to do and I ended that friendship which is why I denied the picture the other day which led to his Instagram rant. I just want to clear my name and say I was not drinking and driving but I do understand how even sitting in the passenger seat with someone who was is dangerous and that won't happen again and I apologize for any confusion.

Taylor smiles.

TAYLOR- you heard it here first.

We fade out as Taylor finishes the interview.

INT. CARTER HOUSE - KITCHEN - DAY

Tavon takes a bottle of water out of the fridge as Neal and Taylor enter. Taylor sits down on the bar stool behind the counter and begins to check her phone.

TAVON- bro yall need to go the market damn.

NEAL- Bro I literally don't live here.

TAVON- oh shit. I forgot.

NEAL- but Im def gonna have to prepare for when my Dad comes home.

TAYLOR- are you gonna move back when he does?

Neal shrugs.

NEAL- I'm not sure yet.

TAYLOR- Well at least today is over and your name is cleared.