The Christmas party

Neville's P.O.V.

Luna and I just got back from visiting my parents at St.Mungo's. Yesterday,Ginny and Ron invited me and Luna to their family's Christmas party. That was nice of them. Harry and Hermione were invited,too. Luna scurried upstairs to get ready. We had plenty of time,though. After a while,Luna came downstairs wearing a a red dress and her mistletoe earrings.

"I see someone's dressed for the occasion."

"Oh,the mistletoe earrings? I just thought since it's a Christmas tradition,it would make sense to wear," She said ."Now you go get ready. We don't want to be late."

I went upstairs and got ready. I saw that Luna had already picked out an outfit for me to wear. It was my plaid dress shirt and my good jeans. Funny,that's what I was going to out on anyways. It's freaky how she does that. I went downstairs and found Luna laying on the couch,asleep.

"Luna,"I said,gently shaking her. "Luna!"

She jolted up and exclaimed,"Blibbering Humdingers!" She looked over to me.

"Blibbering Humdingers?"

"I was dreaming about them." She said.

"So,are you ready to go?" I asked Luna. She nodded.

We went to the door,got our coats, and Apparated to the Burrow. When I opened my eyes, Luna and I were outside the front door. I rang the doorbell. Arthur had been researching doorbells (since he's a Muggle fanatic) and decided to install one. Ron answered it.

"Oh,hey,guys! Come on in." He said,opening the door wider.

Luna's P.O.V.

We did a lot of mingling and socializing that night. I spent most if my time there with Ginny. She told me that she was sent a letter saying that the Hollyhead Harpies want her to play for them! She says she'd love to play for them, but she would rather finish school first. Neville was talking to Harry and Ron. After a while, I noticed that one if my earrings had fallen out. Just as I started to look for it,I felt someone tap on my back. I turned around. It was Neville.

"Neville,have you seen my mistletoe earring? It seems to have fallen out somewhere."

He held out his hand. Inside it was my earring!

"Where did you find it?"

"It was on the floor near the staircase." He said.

Instead of giving it to me, he held it above my head and kissed my cheek. Then he gave it to me.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"It's mistletoe." He smirked.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him and put back in my earring. The party ended at ten-forty-five. When we went home,I was absolutely exhausted.

"Tired?" Neville asked.

I nodded my head as I rubbed my eye,sleepily. Suddenly,Neville picked me up bridal style.

"Neville,what are you doing?" I asked.

"You said you were tired."

"Yes,but I can still walk."

"Well,I'm already half way up the stairs,so I'm just going to keep carrying you." He said.

"Aren't I heavy,though?" I asked.

"Luna,you're the lightest person I know. You aren't heavy at all."

"Oh,alright then." He set me down on the bed and I immediately fell asleep.