𝟐 - you're a mess

The second I opened the keys to my flat, dread filled me as I carefully searched my way through the mess of clothes, unopened boxes and cat toys on the floor. Once I finally found my coach (the only furniture despite the bed I'd built), Magnus greeted me, jumping in my lap and purring contently. The white British longhair snuggled up to me and my heart broke at the thought of pushing him off in order to clean at least a quarter of the mess before Leah arrived.

"Magnus, I can't", I whispered to my pet. "I have to shower and clean and feed you."

The word feed seemingly made the transition easy as he jumped off my lap and hurried into the kitchen where I felt his bowl of food before excusing myself to the bathroom. I grabbed a hoodie and a pair of shorts from the bag I'd been given, knowing I didn't have the time to search through my clothes boxes for an outfit, before heading into the shower and washing off the sweat of today's training.

Around half an hour later, I tied my wet hair up into a bun and sighed once more as I looked at the state of my flat. Magnus was purring on the coach once more and I realised he would be no help. So I put on some music instead, connecting my phone to the speakers I'd set up in my kitchen, home and bathroom and put on the Kabinenhits-Playlist Syd and I had made a few seasons ago. Choosing not to dwell on the memories or the song Bring 'Em Out to which we'd danced in the locker rooms before every single glame, I began picking up dirty clothes and discarding them into my laundry bag or folding them onto the bed, depending on how badly they needed a wash. Soon after, I started the first load of laundry and decided to tackle the kitchen next. I organised dirty cutlery, washed the dishes and put them away into the cupboards, wiping the surfaces and the sink as I finished. Next, the trash. There was lots of it.

Wrappers of eaten protein bars, banana peels, empty redbull zero cans were loading up on the counters, the floor, the couch and even the bedroom as I slowly worked my way through the flat. By the time a knock sounded on the door, I was tired but my flat looked just the general amount of I haven't quite moved in yet. I sprinted over towards the door, slightly lightheaded and leaned onto the door handle for a second before opening the door.

"Hey", I breathed, greeting the woman in front of me.

"Hi", she grinned, herself looking far more put together than I did. Jewelry dangled from her ears and around her neck, rings were placed on her fingers, her nails were done, her heart straightened to her shoulders. Even her outfit looked better than mine- she was wearing black straight fit jeans and a white crop top, a sweater hanging loosely around her shoulders.

"You look nice", I breathed, voicing the thoughts rattling my brain. She looked up at me, perplexed. God, why had I said that?

"Thanks", she smiled. "So, I heard we're building a wardrobe today?"

And with that, she came into my apartment, taking in the boxes and packed furniture with a slightly worried expression on her face.

"Didn't you say you've lived here for a week?", the blonde asked. I nodded.

"It's just been a bit busy", I excused myself, knowing it hadn't been busy at all. I just hadn't been able to get my ass up in order to get anything done.

She nodded.

"Well then, where should we start?"

We started in the living room, Leah builidng my couch table as I unpacked the living room boxes, placing cushions and a blanket on the couch, as well as propping up Magnus' bed, who took a liking to Leah immediately. He was curious as to what we were doing, constantly snuggling up to Leah's leg or pushing his hand against her hand in order to be petted. Our progress was slowed a little bit as Leah obeyed constantly, scratching the cat behind his ears or petting his side, before I commanded Magnus to leave us alone and he left with his head hanging low, sending me a glare.