7 - not-okay-questions

I'd seen Leah the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after we'd sat next to each other on the plane and on the bus and during dinner and now I was laying in the grass, staring at the blue sky above me, and she wasn't there. Katie took the piss out of it.

"Oi, where's your other half?", she asked as she joined me, Beth and Viv on our picnic blanket. I closed my eyes against the bright sun, groaning.

"Katie if you weren't a footballer, I'd tell you to become a comedian", I commented, not turning towards her as she plopped down on my legs. I groaned once more as her weight hit me, shoving her off of me playfully.

"That's funny", she commented in a thick Irish accent. I stayed silent.

I didn't know where Leah was. We were playing Ajax tonight, and we'd gone through our last training already, meaning we only had the press conference and the game left today. I knew that I was going to be requested for the press conference, as Jonas had announced it to me yesterday, during dinner. It had certainly ruined my meal, but then again it was a good excuse as to why my plate was emtpy. Again. The team was becoming suspicious, I was sure of it, but lucky for me, no one dared to speak about it.

"Ellie and Leah, sitting in a tree-", Beth began to sing but I quickly shoved her as well, which proved to be a struggle in my position, as I was lying on my back, with Katie sitting on my legs and Viv blocking me from her girlfriend.

"Shut it, Meado", I breathed, not having the energy to say anything else.

"I spend just as much time with you guys. What, does that make me Viv's girlfriend as well?"

Beth shut up at that, and I was content with it. I knew that I spent more time with Leah than I did with Vivianne, but they didn't know that. I knew that the time I spent with Leah was different, that Leah made me feel different, but they didn't know that. It was our unspoken secret, and I was glad about it. God knew how annoying they'd become if they had a clue I was thinking of Leah as much as I did. Even now, I couldn't get her out of my head.

"I'm tired", I announced, this time shoving Katie off completely as my legs were tired of balancing her weight.

"Really?", I heard Viv's voice next to me. "We've fed you five coffees today!"

"I need another five."

The girls soon fell into a conversation I didn't follow, as my mind was preoccupied with the events of today. We'd be playing Ajax. I'd be starting. I'd be in the press conference before the game. I'd be asked the same question they always asked- What happened in your ex-club?

"Right, I'm gonna get another coffee."

I swung up to a seating position, wiping some of the grass off my exposed legs, that had been tanning in the Amsterdam sun. The street was buzzing with people, Dutch chatter surrounding us as birds chirped in the trees above us, enjoying the late summer thoroughly.

"I'll come with", Katie announced as I got to my feet, pulling her up with me.

"Don't get lost again", Vivianne reminded us, who knew the city better than the both of us. I chuckled, thinking back to around two hours ago when we'd last strolled to find a place for Katie to get lunch and failed to return to the other two, leaving us to stroll through the city for roughly twenty minutes before asking Beth to send us her location.

"We've got your location now", Katie grinned as I bent down to pick up my purse from the blanket.

The afternoon passed quickly and before we knew it, we were heading to the stadium.

The four of us were the first to arrive, as I had to be ready early for the press conference, but as I gave myself a quiet pep talk, more and more of our teammates joined us in the changing room and when Jonas knocked on the door to pull me to the media room, Beth's playlist was blasting loudly already.