Welcome to the Dorms

On Point

Agreste has Talent

By Rena Rouge

Woah! What an audition process that was! I'm worn out just from hearing about it.

After 125 wannabe ballerinas attended the audition at Agreste, 16 new additions were taken into the famed school of dance, however, following the auditions another monumental announcement is in preparation.

We have it from a reliable source that The Agreste Ballet Company are about to announce they will be increasing their ensemble by taking 4 females and 3 males and as permanent fixtures after the Christmas Gala.

As many of you know, the Agreste Christmas Gala is famed for pairing up talented ballerinas with companies all around the world. Scouts will arrive in their droves, ready to snatch up anyone not selected by Gabriel Agreste himself.

What's more; there's been a rumour circulating the dance scene that Adrien Agreste, himself, requested one specific dancer from the auditions. We're yet to know why the younger Agreste was allowed this opportunity, however could this be a glimpse of Adrien's new pas de deux partner? Is Gabriel finally loosening his reins on his company and handing some power down to his son? Maybe this is a step forward for the younger Agreste to take over his father's throne.

We have been told Adrien had viewed one set of auditionees, plus a couple of the company's Prima Ballerinas, to make his decision.

In other news, the San Francisco ballet have teased the impending retirement of their Prima ballerina, Layla Rhodes (26). After 8 years with the crème de la crème dance company, it seems Layla will be Couru'ing her way off stage and into a dance master position within the company. With such a prestigious position up for grabs, and Gabriel's up take of new students, we can't help but wonder if a scout will be making themselves known at the 'Agreste Christmas Gala'.

*****

"Now, are you sure this is what you want to do sweetheart? It doesn't matter to us if you want to just turn around and head back home, you did amazing to even get selected."

"Maman, please, I'm going to be fine. I'm literally moving 10 minutes away." Marinette whined as she dragged her bag up the staircase and towards her dorm room, the overloaded bag ricocheting off the steps as she yanked it upwards.

"I just can't believe you're moving out," Tom Dupain sniffed. "It only feels like yesterday we were taking you to your first dance class. You looked so cute and innocent in your pink leotard and tights, and your tubby little toddler belly sticking out." Tom sniffed. He'd been crying about this all day, she thought he would have dried himself out by now.

Sabine Cheng moved forwards and rubbed a hand gently over her husband's back. "She'll be fine, dear."

She grabbed a tissue from her pocket and thrust it into her husband's face, the big man stopping to wipe underneath his eyes. "You were just as worried a minute ago."

Marinette continued moving onwards, leaving her parents behind to cry and talk about distant memories. Anybody would think she was moving to Timbuktu. Grabbing her phone from her back pocket, she searched for the email containing her dorm number. Her home for the next year, at least. Each dorm came complete with six bedrooms and a communal area, a mix of both males and females in each apartment.

Finally reaching the correct number, she pushed open the door and stepped in, leaving her parents somewhere down the hallway. It seemed she was the first one here. The sofas and kitchen were bare, and the bedroom doors were all still open.