I Need You To Be You

On Point

Roles Revealed

By Rena Rouge

So the roles have been revealed and we've all been put out of our mystery. We now know, as expected, Zoé Lee (20) has bagged herself the lead role of Clara, Luka Couffaine (21) playing her Nutcracker – the role everyone had expected Agreste Jr to take. Along with this, Lila Rossi (20) and Lê Chiến Kim Ature (22) will be dancing the famed pas de deux of the 'Sugar Plum Fairy Suite'.

But what's most interesting is Adrien Agreste's (22) role within the gala. Though we are still waiting for confirmation, we have heard Adrien will be choreographing a secondary duet of the 'Sugar Plum Fairy Suite' with another of the school dancers, Marinette Dupain-Cheng (19). This is the first time the name has been brought to our attention and we are looking forward to finding out more and seeing the reason for Adrien's break away from the traditional formations of his father.

Only time will tell, but everyone here is certainly intrigued.

In additional news, Plagg Fu (38) has revealed a long time love, Tikki Fu (34) is expecting their first child early next year. As most dancers know, Tikki is now principal of the Miraculous studios after her father, Fu Wang (62), retired to Shanghai three years ago. We know this has been a hard uneasy road for the couple, and we look forward to meeting their bundle of joy in the new year.

*****

Adrien was late.

He'd promised his father and Plagg he would be there for the casting announcement, but unfortunately an old man fell in front of the building and he wasn't cold hearted enough to just leave him there alone. He'd called the man's family before waiting for an ambulance to arrive, making him over thirty minutes late. Shit!

Scurrying through the corridors, Adrien headed in the direction of the studio, hoping Marinette hadn't left yet. He needed to be there to explain, to make sure she knew she was good enough and that he was desperate to perform with her. He was certain it wouldn't go down too well that everyone else in the studio had parts yet her name wasn't even in the corps de ballet list. What was it with him and messing things up when it came to Marinette? As himself at least.

He spent a lot of time with her this week at the Miraculous studios, getting to know her better and really dipping in on her personality. She was fun... so much fun, and she deserved so much more than what his father could give her.

Hiking his bag further up onto his shoulder, Adrien continued to move at speed, rounding the corner... and crashing into something solid.

As the person he'd hit stumbled backwards, he felt all the air leave his lungs. How hard was this person's head?

Looking down, he noticed a mass over black hair flying out of a loose bun and a tear streaked face. He was too late! He was too late and the hurt had already been caused. He felt like the biggest jerk there was.

"Marinette," he said. Stepping forwards, he held out his hand in hope of helping her up, only to have it knocked out of the way.

"What do you want?"

She shuffled around on the floor before attempting to stand before falling down once again. She tried again, standing herself up and brushing herself off. She reached down to the floor, grabbing her bag and throwing it over her shoulder hitting him in the chest as she swung it. She barged past him and continued her way towards the exit.

"Marinette?" he questioned again, following after her like a lost lemming. He was almost shivering from the coolness of her responses. She'd never been this cold to him before.