Wherever You Find Love It Feels Like Christmas

On Point

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

By Rena Rouge

It's that time of year again! Tonight is the annual event at the local community centre for children in need and their guardians. Once again, the businesses of the surrounding area have pulled together to put on a night of entertainment and festivities, including musical performances, wonderful tasty treats and, of course, Paris' greatest Santa Claus.

We hope all attending have a wonderful evening, and we look forward to seeing what other surprises the team has in store for you.

*****

Marinette wasn't entirely sure where time had gone. One minute it was the summer and she was auditioning for Agreste, now it was a couple of weeks into December and the Christmas Gala was approaching at an unprecedented speed. Their dance had been coming along really well, but she hadn't had time to do much else. She understood now how much Adrien was counting on this, and she was determined to make it the best she could.

So, between rehearsals, nights at Tikki's studio and movie nights with Luka (where they were both falling asleep with exhaustion), she hadn't had a chance to do much else — she'd rarely even seen Alya. But tonight she was away from the studio and from exhaustion, she finally was getting a night to relax, chill out, and see her parents. And tonight was special. Every year on the 10th December, the local community centre held a special evening for children in need to come and meet Santa, collecting a present and filling their tummies with 'T & S' treats.

Marinette always loved baking something extra special for the youngsters, this being the first year in over a decade that she hadn't. As she wandered in the general direction of the bakery, she shifted her glare to the tall man beside her, one who was fidgeting more than what she did on her audition day.

Adrien shoved his hands deep into his pockets as he walked beside her passing the full decorated lamp posts and homes. Every shop was glowing with Christmas joy, the opening of doors supplying them both with a festive soundtrack to continue on their way with.

A puff of steam appeared from his puffed out cheeks, the 4th in the past 30 seconds.

"Will you stop it?" Marinette laughed, shaking her head at him.

"Stop what?" he asked, trying to play innocent. None of it was passing her though. He looked as though he was about to be laid on the table for the evening's meal.

"These deep, 'scaredy cat' sighs!"

He sighed again, which caused her to laugh even more.

"I'm the great 'Chat Noir' if you'd never noticed."

She took a glove off and swiped it at him before positioning it back over her frozen hand. He'd been in this mood all day, almost dropping her numerous times on her head as he lost focus, and then going back to his defence by being a bit of a prick. She'd got it sussed out now though, if she just refused to do anything he would stop.

She'd called him out on it instantly, both taking a break to go and check up on the others and see how 'The Nutcracker' was piecing together. It was incredible, as expected! She was so enthralled she'd forgotten exactly who was dancing the parts. And as she watched and felt for the Nutcracker and Clara she couldn't help but feel her heart get pulled from her chest.

Luka and Zoé were breath-taking together. It was like watching two streams of liquid meet and form only one, both joining and moulding effortlessly together. Their tunes were perfectly aligned and there was obviously something there. Whether it was past feelings beginning to channel into the dance, or the remainder of something that was unfinished but stolen from both of them she didn't know. But even when they fumbled and made mistakes the looks he gave her were heartfelt and warm...very similar to how Luka looked at her.

Off PointeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara