Opening More Than Just Your Eyes

️PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING

Before continuing, Adrien implies a pretty dark event which happened when his mother was first diagnosed with cancer. I have updated my tags after a conversation with my alpha/beta reader about the conversation. Though Adrien was lucky enough to have Plagg around looking out for him, this part of the story is something I've seen happen time and time again.

The dance world is not all pretty with sparkles and tutus, there are a lot issues which take place within the studio.

The next part includes implied grooming, if it is something you are uncomfortable reading about please stop at the end of Marinette's POV and then tomorrow restart at Adrien's POV (Marinette's starts tomorrows chapter). If anyone feels the need to talk/discuss any issues arising from this chapter, or that it has hit close to home, please contact a trusted adult/helpline. Adrien was in a vulnerable position and taken advantage of.

*****

On Point

Year End

By Rena Rouge

Events all around Paris are in full swing now that we're into the second week of December.

Last week saw the end to the festival season with dance schools all around Paris beginning their seasonal shut down and Christmas parties. As always, we expect the elite dancers to be continuing in vacant studios throughout the holiday, whilst all amateur's have a well deserved break.

In a couple of days the local society for underprivileged children will be holding their Annual Christmas extravaganza, however, there is no word on entertainment yet. It has been hinted there will be a Santa Claus and some of his elves making a grand appearance.

We're now, also, only two weeks away from the Grand Performance of 'The Nutcracker'. Sources say the casting for Clara and The Nutcracker are the best we've ever seen with chemistry to die for. There is also speculation about the added variation to the Sugar Plum Fairy Suite, and its exciting new take.

*****

The Magic of Christmas was set in the Tuileries Gardens and was every child (and grown ups) dream. Part traditional Christmas Market and part holiday carnival, the Tuileries Christmas Market stretched for almost half a mile along the north side of the garden. Going from Place des Pyramides all the way to Place de la Concorde.

With over 400 huts, the market held an immense range. From tiny holiday trinkets to traditional mulled wines and food stalls, it was heaven on earth and somewhere which, in Marinette's eyes, made Christmas what it was.

Adrien hadn't spoken since she'd hauled him off the Metro, the silence comfortable and alluring as he absorbed everything in. Every now and then she'd hear a small, child-like gasp leave his mouth and his eyes were sparkling in festive glee whilst his teeth were showing for all to see. Had they always been that straight?

"So," he finally said, stopping in front of one of the (many) mulled wine stands. "What do we do first? Like is there a specific order you look at the huts? I've tried to look for numbers or directions but I can't see any and I don't want to break the rules."

Marinette had to clamp her mouth shut to stop herself from bursting out laughing.

"Oh, you sheltered, little boy," she finally said, keeping her thoughts straight so as to not laugh in his face.

"Hey, no need for the cheek, Shortcake. We're missing rehearsals for this."

She smiled and grabbed his hand, leading him over to a hut she felt would be a lot more his speed.