The Show Must Go On

On Point

A Shocking Move!

By Rena Rouge

Interesting news has come from Japan tonight, as Kagami Tsurugi (23) has announced a move to none other than the English Royal Ballet. Where everyone thought Gabriel Agreste (50) was putting in many man hours schmoozing Tomoe Tsurugi (49) to have the young legend to partner in his company, it was a shock to everyone as Gabriel's sister-in-law, Amélie Graham de Vanily (45) had scooped up the dancer to dance with her own son, Félix Fathom (22).

Félix has always been number two to his cousin, however, with his new partnership, we might be seeing a new King and Queen of the dancefloor.

*****

"I'm sorry for pulling Rosita from the competition."

Adrien shook his head not wanting her apologies. As disappointing as it was for his lead to not be there to perform, there were bigger things right now, such as why she had lied, and more importantly why she was here. Rosita's mother always looked so well kept, like she had motherhood all under control and flowing effortlessly, however, as Adrien should know, things aren't always as they seemed.

"Forget about all that," Adrien said, placing the bag down and looking at the lady in front of him. She looked so tired, almost similar to the last remembering months of his mother. Was she sick? Or was there more to it than that? "How are you? We've missed you both at the studio."

Her face flamed and Adrien was wondering if he should have started the conversation softer — a little more delicately. But he knew beating around the main problem was useless and sometimes it was better to just rip off the band aid and just get to the root of the problem. From there it could be fixed or mended. The fear on her face showed that maybe this was all a little too much, too soon.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned anything." He quickly backtracked, holding out his hands in defence, hoping she understood he meant no harm.

"It's okay," she said, bouncing the young baby in her arms. The small infant began to grumble before letting out a wailing noise which Adrien could only compare to a T-Rex searching for prey. "It's okay, baby boy. It's okay." She continued to rock him in her arms, yet the crying increased, growing louder and louder.

She looked defeated and his heart went out to her. He could only imagine what she was going through, the black bags under her eyes indicating clearly exactly how worn down this woman was. He helped her to sit down in the chair beside him, watching as she leaned forward, attempting to hold the baby in one arm as she rummaged around her bag with the other. He watched her struggle for a moment before jumping into action.

"Here," he said, leaning forward and lifting the bag up onto his lap. "What do you need?"

The grateful look she gave him, made his heart clench. It seemed small actions really did go a long way.

"Could you grab me the small black holder?"

He rummaged around a little, moving stuff left and right trying to find the object in question, and finally placed his hands on the bottle warmer...or at least it looked like one.

"This?" Adrien asked, lifting the object from the bag and holding it up in the air.

She nodded. Adrien unzipped it and pulled the warm bottle from the confines of the holder before offering it to the parent beside him.

"Thank you," she said, taking the bottle from him and popping the lid off. She tested the contents' warmth on her wrist before placing the teet in the baby's mouth. The screaming ceased immediately and the youngster took the opportunity to down the milk like a frat boy with a keg.