Regrets and Reservations

On Point

Dance until you drop!

By Rena Rouge

Rockstar veteran, Jagged Stone (45) will be lighting up Paris with his sell out tour. This will be his final night before he packs up his guitar and calls it a year.

All the best for tonight, Mr Stone.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

*****

Smiling always came easily to Marinette. She would smile when she fell down, offering a bright 'thank you' to those who helped her back up. She would offer her most pleasing smile to those who gifted her with something displeasing, and she'd smile even if she was uncomfortable. That's what she did. She smiled when she was happy, sad, in pain or any other other options.

Just like right now.

She stood in the middle of a sweaty group of people, every now and then jumping up and down to the loud acoustics of a guitar and loud beats of the drum. To the right of her was Luka, and to the right of Luka was Zoé. Luka had become the main filling in a ballerina sandwich.

When Luka had come to collect her from her room that evening, to say she was shocked as she noticed Zoé beside him was an understatement. She thought this was a date, but Luka had explained Zoé was a big fan, and he didn't think Marinette would mind. She actually minded a lot – yet, something in the back of her head told her to stop being so silly. Bringing Zoé along was nothing compared to her late night dance practises with Adrien at the studio. A secret she wasn't quite ready to share yet.

A hand slipped around her waist, pulling her close to a hard, sweaty male body, her feet having to try and bounce in time with her partner to stop her from falling over. She looked up at Luka and he seemed to be having the time of his life. Maybe she should just relax and stop overthinking – easier said than done.

The bouncing progressed, launching into an aggressive sway as she knocked by a passer-by and stumbled forward into Luka's chest.

He smiled down at her, his mouth asking if she was okay, well at least that's what she thought he said. The music was too loud to do anything other than lip read. She nodded, Luka's smile brightening as he grabbed her hands and spun her around. She bumped into at least another three people on her journey, and had had enough. She'd never been to a concert like this before, and as much as she loved Jagged Stones music, she didn't love being battered and bruised.

"I'm going to get a drink," she shouted, Luka frowning in response.

"A drink!" she shouted again. Luka pointed to his ear and shook his head.

Oh, come on!

Sighing, she decided to use her charades skills – 6 words... however many syllables, 1 dry throat, and a need to get out of here.

Finally picking up on her incredible mime, Luka nodded in response, turning his attention to Zoé and continuing to sing at the top of his lungs, Marinette was certain his throat would be raw in the morning. He looked so carefree, so different to how she saw him day to day, and as she watched him grab hold of Zoé, she couldn't help the anxiety pulsating in her stomach once again.

They looked good together. Like really good!

Zoé's light colouring perfectly complemented Luka's dark accents, the two looking like a model couple for a Hollister poster, the 'je ne sais quoi' she was sure she lacked.