Prologue

Hiii!

So I am uploading everything I have so far. I don't really know how to summarize this, because there are so many different aspects to the story and I have no clue which one to high light...

Anyway I really hope you will like the characters and their relationships to each other just as much as I do.

If you have criticisms about the writing and stuff like that I'm all open for it!

Also small TW for mentioning of SA!!!

Yeah, so thank you for reading!

Have a nice day,
Tourism Chicken

.

.

.

.

.

Fifteen year old Kyra was lying in her hospital bed, inspecting the newly born baby in her arms. It wasn't just any baby. It was her baby. Her son.
    She had not decided on a name just yet, but she had a couple of ideas. Most of them were not very child-friendly, since she had thought of them while high on pain medication (her dad had strongly advised her to wait until they had worn off, before signing any kind of birth certificate) and in a lot of pain.
    But now that she was mostly normal again and actually able to look at her baby's face without it changing shape or colour, there was time to seriously think about names again.
It also kept her mind from thinking of other stuff like: What was she going to do after naming him? What did people do with babies? Wasn't there something about feeding them every two hours? How was she even going to take care of a whole human baby?
It was a long line of questions, ending two emotions she had become very familiar with ever since she had found out that she was pregnant with little Tobey (okay, that doesn't work...): crippling anxiety and utter helplessness.
    She had felt it when her water broke and then again when the doctor handed her this slimy little thing that had just plopped out of her - more like dug its way out of her insides over the span of fifteen hours - then it had taken a little break when her dad's were with her, both of them taking turns holding the baby, telling Kyra what a great job she had done (she wasn't so sure about that, there was a lot of name calling and swearing involved).
    And now it was back. She was all alone with the baby, but it was her own fault. Both of her fathers had been more than tired and exhausted after being awake for over twenty-four hours, so Kyra had sent them home.
Ever since there was this selfish, little voice in her brain telling her to call them, wake them up and beg them to come back. She needed them.
    For a second Kyras gaze wandered over to her phone lying on the bedside table, but she didn't pick it up. For one it would have disturbed the sleeping baby (hopefully just sleeping, because the thing (Alex...no!) hadn't made a sound or moved in at least two hours) and she had also ignored every single call or message she had gotten. The only person she did send a message to was Nico. Right after the water broke and it felt like she had peed her pants, Kyra had picked up her phone and texted him 'getting a baby now xD'.
After that she had called her dad and was then rushed to the hospital.
    Now that the whole thing was over, she did feel kind of bad for not calling Nico to tell him in a proper way or at least answer his texts. There had to be at least a thousand of them.
Another thing she didn't do: Text Felix.
    He was the third in their little friend group and had been with them since middle school. Hopefully he wouldn't take it to heart. Kyra just assumed that Nico would tell him anyway. Usually he did, because Nico couldn't keep his mouth shut. His ADHD made sure of that.
The corners of Kyras mouth twitched and she couldn't help but smile a little as she imagined what her friends would say when she would see them again.
    Felix was going to behave super awkwardly, she already knew that. He was alway very weird and distant when it came to bad things happening to someone. Showing emotions wasn't his strong suit. Relatable.
Nico on the other hand... Oh gods, Nico.
Kyra would probably be deaf in one ear and long term traumatised after his meltdown. There would be yelling, crying, laughing... some screaming.
    A small, fuzzy whine drew Kyras' attention back to the baby. He still had his eyes closed, but he was yawning, trying to stretch his tiny arms.
To her big surprise, Kyra felt a warm, calming feeling spread through her whole body. As well as the overwhelming urge to do something. Caress his tiny, rosy cheeks. Stroke his tiny head. Kiss his tiny, chubby hands. Everything was just so tiny!
Kyra wasn't even sure how it was possible to be this small and alive.
    Now, all cleaned off and dry, Tim (No, not even close) looked a lot cuter than he did four hours ago, right after he came out. Kyra had almost had a stroke, thinking she had just given birth to an alien. The nurses had told her it would pass.
    Before the girl had really realised it, she had bent down and given the newborn a little boop on the nose. Almost letting out a squeak she watched as the small nose wrinkled and the baby yawned again. She almost did it again, just because it was the most adorable thing she had ever seen, but repressed the need to do it. CPS would probably burst through the door and take Carl (nah, not it...) away under claims of child abuse.
    Kyra observed as the fussy sounds started to die down and the baby went back to sleep, going back to imagining her best friend's reaction to the baby. Again, many emotions. When he was mad, but also couldn't really be mad, he always started with...
    "Kyra Emma Winchester!"
It took Kyra a full twenty seconds to realise that she did not just hear Nico whisper-yell her full name in her mind, but he was actually standing at the door frame. Felix right behind him.
The look on Nicos face was even better than she imagined. His bushy brows were furrowed, his face flushed, his lips were pressed together -Kyra wasn't sure if he was trying not to smile or not to look angry- and his eyes... his eyes were soft, switching between Kyra and the bundle in her arms.
    For a moment no one said anything. Kyra now had a big smile on her face, Nico was still trying to decide which of the many emotions he was feeling he should pick and Felix -as expected- let his gaze wander around in the room, rather than looking at anyone in particular. But it wasn't as awkward as expected.
They were her friends. They had known this day would come and nothing would change. Well, some things would change. No more hanging out whenever they wanted. No alcohol for at least a year. No parties.
There would always be a baby around. Kyra would have other priorities and responsibilities.
But they both knew that. And they still stayed. That hadn't changed.
Something Kyra would be grateful for for the rest of her life.
    "You had him?", Nico asked quietly, almost whispering it.
His eyes were glassy, only directed at his best friend now. There was pride, relief and joy in them.
    He had been on board with this from day one. The moment Kyra told him she was pregnant he had been there for her. Holding her. Listening to her about what happened. Comforted her when she was overwhelmed.
    He was the first one to buy her baby stuff and parenting books. He went to all of those stupid baby and birthing courses with her. He even learned how to knit baby clothes for fucks sake!
    Remembering all of that, the past six months, were enough to bring tears to Kyras eyes as well. She nodded and looked down at the baby again. Right there and then it didn't feel too bad to have him, because he would have the coolest uncles ever.
    "Let us see!", Nico almost skipped over to the bed, slightly resembling an excited toddler on Christmas, but not without first making sure Felix was following him. The taller boy still had a distanced look on his face. He tried to smile at Kyra, but she just rolled her eyes and winked at him. Her way of telling him it was okay, she understood. She was just as freaked out as he was.
But once he took a look over Nicos shoulder, seeing the baby for the first time, he melted. All his awkwardness and the hesitation he had felt since he first stepped into the hospital was thrown out the window.
    This baby -Kyras baby- was the cutest, most adorable thing he had ever seen in his life. He was sleeping, but even without seeing his eyes, there was still an astonishing resemblance between him and his mother.
There wasn't a lot of hair, but the few strands he had were the same dark curls Kyra had. His tiny nose already looked like hers and he even had her freckles. Felix had seen baby pictures of Kyra and if he didn't know this was her son, he could have sworn they just 3D printed her. Everything was the same, down to the shade of pink on his flushed cheeks.
There was absolutely no trace of his father on him, all three of them thought at the same time. All relieved.
    Kyra wouldn't have been mad, if there would have been something. The hair colour or the eyes... maybe even his nose. But it did make it easier this way.
She didn't really want to see his face again. Ever since her cousin, Lucy, had gotten him kicked out of their school in a spectacular way, she hadn't seen him again. And she was more than happy about that.
Many people had asked her: Why not? Does he not want to see the baby? Do you not want to see him? But your poor, itsy-bitsy child will have to grow up without a father. How sad and awful!
If they knew what he had done, they would probably stop talking about it. Or maybe they wouldn't. People tended to be very ignorant. Especially about teen moms.
    "He's perfect, Kya", Nico whispered, placing a kiss on her forehead.
Kyra smiled at hearing her childhood nickname. Nico had called her Kya from kindergarten until second grade, because he was struggling with 'r's. Which meant instead of pronouncing them weirdly, he did not pronounce them at all. Ignoring their existence.
    Both boys had gotten chairs, sitting on either sides of the hospital bed, so both of them could stare at the newborn baby in Kyras arms. It gave her a feeling of security and safety. If they were already that obsessed with him now, they would love and care for him soon enough.
With a bit of luck even after they would hear Oliver (Noo, right?) cry for the first time.
"He absolutely is."
Felix nodded in agreement. He put out his hand and when Kyra didn't do anything, he caressed the baby's cheek. The touch was careful, like he was touching something that would break immediately if not handled with absolute caution.
    Even though babies were known for being pretty robust and Felix himself had heard stories of his dad throwing him in the air like he was a ball at only three months old, he felt like this one wasn't. This tiny baby right there was fragile and he would do anything to keep it from getting harmed. It wasn't a decision he made consciously, his brain and body just made a pact and that was it. Felix wasn't even sure when it had happened. Probably somewhere between the moment Nico told him Kyra was in labour and seeing the baby for the first time.
    Kyra chuckled, leaning her head against Nicos. It was another anxiety-free moment and she enjoyed every second of it. It was going to be okay. This was going to work out. She wouldn't have to go through this alone. Her parents and friends were right there with her.
    "Do you have a name for him yet?", Nico asked curiously.
With a frustrated sigh Kyra buried herself deeper in the white pillows, no longer able to avoid the question. She had been racking her brain off trying to find a fitting name for her first (and hopefully only) son. So far unsuccessful. Everytime she found another decent name and looked at the baby, trying to imagine calling him that, it just didn't fit.
    "You can't find one? Or are you just embarrassed of the one you got?"
Nicos question hit the target. That was exactly the problem she had been struggling with.
The boy laughed at the puzzled expression on Kyras face, putting his arm around her.
"You texted me, very high on pain meds. It was just one word: Percy."
Defeated, Kyra nodded. Usually she liked being high, but those pain meds just ruined it. Now she revealed the name she hadn't been able to get out of her head since the beginning of her pregnancy, simultaneously the most embarrassing secret she had been keeping.
    "Percy? Like Percy Jackson?", Felix looked confused and amused at the same time, the corners of his mouth twitching suspiciously. The dimples were already visible and Kyra felt like they were mocking her, so she glared at him before turning around to Nico.
"See? This is why I didn't want to name him that!", she exclaimed as loud as she could without waking up Ronny (fucking horrible, really), "Because everyone thinks I stole it from the Percy Jackson books, just because we are demi gods too!"
    "So what? Fuck what they think! He's your kid!", Nico shot back.
Kyra knew he was right. Under any other circumstances she wouldn't have given a shit about anyone else's opinion, but this wasn't just about her. It was also about the tiny baby in her arms. Him and his life.
    She turned her head towards Felix, who had managed to stop his grinning and exchange it for a rather apologetic smile. It was up to him to decide whether or not it was appropriate for Kyra to name her son after a very famous demigod from a made-up children's novel.
"No!", Felix exclaimed when he realised what was going on, shaking his head, "I'm not going to be the reason you don't name your child a name you really like! Nico is right! Name him whatever the fuck you want."
"Fine..."
    Kyra looked down at Percy. Yeah, that felt right. It just fit him. He looked like a Percy. And it didn't sound weird when she actually said it out loud.
"Percy."
She felt arms being put around her and a moment later she had heads resting on both her shoulders. With a chuckle she let both of them kiss her on the cheek and then they were all just looking at the baby boy.
    All the attention seemed to make him nervous, because all of a sudden he opened his eyes, staring at the three people hovering above him. Kyra could only imagine how weird that must have looked for him.
His greyish eyes (the only feature he had not inherited from his mother) weren't able to focus properly, so he just let his gaze wander around, before deciding that being awake was too exhausting and going back to sleep instead.
    "Good choice, buddy", Kyra muttered, giving him a kiss on the forehead.
Now that she had spent some time with him, shown him to her friends and given him a name, he didn't seem all that scary anymore. Just a tiny thing that made her heart feel unusually warm whenever she heard, saw or even just thought about him.
    "Naw, you like him!"
Nico poked her cheek with his finger. Kyra just flipped her hair into his face, letting out a huff. Honestly she loved the guy with all her heart, but sometimes -actually a lot of times- he was just so stupid!
"Of course I love him! He's my son! He's so tiny and cute... he made sounds earlier and I swear my heart melted right there and then."
"Kyra", Felix bent forward to look at her before continuing, "are you showing emotions?"
    Now hair was all over the place and the two boys quickly removed themselves and sat back down into their chairs, getting as much distance between them and Kyra as possible. She might have given birth and she might be holding a sleeping newborn, but they both knew that she could still kick their asses. Easily.
    "That's it! Leave! You are not welcome anymore."
Kyra turnt up her nose, pretending like she was deeply offended and hurt. It did it's job because a second later the two boys were kneeling on the floor, begging to her as if she was a goddess about to sacrifice their entire family to a volcano.
    "No, please!", Nico slightly tugged on her shirt.
"We're sorry! We will never make fun of you ever again", Felix had managed to fake some tears. He was a real actor that one, so good Kyra almost believed him. So between her "emotionally destroyed" and annoying friends she had no chance but to give in and let them back on their chairs.
    They did stick to their promise though, they stopped the mocking and instead just talked with Kyra. About everything really, but only the good part of everything.
The baby, the baby clothes they had shopped for while she was in labour, what they were going to do once Kyra was able to go home again (they had planned a big nursery decoration), school and so on.
    By the time the talking slowly got to an end and Nico was yawning every half a minute, it was already dark outside. The boys made sure Kyra was alright with them leaving and going home, asking her about ten times if she had everything she needed.
    "Actually", Kyra said, "could you give me a pen and some paper?"
She wasn't really sure what she was going to do with it, but she felt like the asking was going to go on forever if she didn't say something. Felix already hugged her and was waiting by the door for Nico, while the smaller one was searching through his backpack.
"There you go!", Nico handed her what she had asked for, "Are you going to write him a letter?"
"Hm?", Kyra was getting tired too, she had no idea what Nico meant.
"For Percy. So you can give the letter to him when he gets older."
Automatically Kyra started nodding along. Good idea actually, she was just going to pretend like that was her plan all along.
"Yeah, exactly."
    Some quick goodbyes and the two were out the door. Leaving Kyra alone with Percy. Not for long though, her parents would be there in about twenty minutes. Twenty minutes... enough time to write that letter.
    With a last glance over to Percy, who was lying in one of those see through cribs they had at hospitals, Kyra took the paper started writing:

Dear son...

.

.

.

.

.

What do you guys think?