Fourteenth chapter

Hiii!!

So first of all, this is the last chapter that I have pre-written. So from now on it's going to go a lot slower.

Buuuuut stuff will happen in this chapter (even more in the next one but I have to mentally prepare before I write that one though).

So TW's for this chapter are: alcohol consumption and mentioning of excessive drinking

I really hope you like this chapter and the story so far. I am always happy to get your opinions on it!

Thank you so much!

Have a great day,
Windy Sunday morning

.

.

.

.

.

Dear son,

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to write a letter for you today, but I wanted to do it anyway.
The town's going through something that can only be described as a bit of a rough patch. Hades forgot to close some holes down there and now everything is crawling with monsters. Not just our town, but also various other parts of America and since we cannot have that, I am being sent over to New York to do some cleaning up.
Don't worry, I'll be back in a week and Nico and Felix will be with you the entire time, taking care of you (honestly, neither of them can fight for shit, so you might end up being the one protecting them),
Everything will be okay, I know it. What I also know is that I will miss you so, so much.
So, I can't wait to see you again and for this all to be over.

With all my heart,
Your mom

I thought that the note Atlas had passed me in class would be the end of his advances towards me. Not that I understood his interest in making-out with me in the first place. It wasn't like there weren't any other options. On the contrary, the whole school probably wanted to sleep with him and at least half had done so. There were plenty of other choices, but still he kept shoving notes under my notepad every history lesson.
After that didn't get any attention from me, he started messaging me on Instagram, asking to meet me in various places: the weapon shed, behind the bleachers, empty classrooms and even the toilets. The only times he wanted to meet would have been long after all the students had gone home. While I had nothing against sneaking around school grounds when it was already closed (I had done it multiple times before), I surely did not want to do it with Atlas Adkins.
Of course I had shut down all of his suggestions by simply ignoring the messages, but I couldn't get rid of the excited, tingling feeling every time I saw his name flash up on my screen. It was like my brain and my body were going through a temporary separation and not on speaking terms with each other. Because while my brain was doing its best to block out any memories or inappropriate thoughts, my body was doing the exact opposite.
So it happened more and more that I was lying in bed at night and suddenly it felt like Atlas was kissing me again. Or his hands were tracing my skin. Or his fingers were brushing through my hair.
At first my brain and I had tried to fight those feelings, but after three nights of barely getting any sleep, I had to come to the realisation that there was nothing I could do. Well, there was one thing and I had to go to the bathroom to do it, afraid that my mom would hear the noises and soft moans through the wall separating our rooms.
I wasn't proud of my actions, not at all, but there seemed to be nothing I could do about it. Every second of my day that I did not spend distracting myself there were horny teenager thoughts in my mind and I was too ashamed to tell anyone about it. Mom kept asking me what was wrong with me, but even her I couldn't talk too.
So after seven days I decided there had to be something, I couldn't be jacking off to Atlas for the rest of my life. And while I was in the middle of googling 'How to not be horny anymore' I remembered something my mom had once said.
'Sometimes you just have to fuck it out of your system.'
The statement had been backed up by Luke and then Zayn. Lucy, Nico and I had been wildly weirded out by it, but now it seemed to come in handy.
I already had my phone in my hand, typing a message to Atlas, when the stroke of genius passed and reality settled in. Was I really about to have sex with a guy I didn't even like? Was Am I going to waste my first time with him? What if I was going to regret it?
But... When had I ever really cared about my first time? And until Atlas first kissed me, I hadn't even been sure that I was ever going to want to have sex. So why shouldn't I use this opportunity? Yes, the whole regret aspect was something I couldn't predict yet, but there were many things I had regretted in my life, but I had learned to deal with those and I would deal with this too. After it happened.
The biggest problem would be if it didn't work, if I would sleep with Atlas and I would want to do it again... but the advice came from mom, Zayn and Luke so it had to be right. After all, they were the ones with the actual experience on the topic.
It was decided. I was going to do it. Fuck around and find out, something I hadn't done in a long time. And didn't Mom say she missed the days where I would do something crazy, not worrying about the consequences? This was better than her suggestion of totaling a car.
I sent the message I had already typed out, then put my phone on the bed next to me and leaned back against my pillow.