Eleventh chapter

Hiii, so we have gotten ourselves another eventful chapter here and once again I NEED to know your opinion after you read it.

Thanks.

Uhm trigger warning... attractive people?

Anyways, thank you for reading this!

Have a nice day,
Your mom

.

.

.

.

.

Dear son,

Today you called Felix Dad for the first time. Well, you have done it before, but that doesn't count because it was a prank Granny and Chan (that's Felix that by the way, just in case you won't remember him) put you up to.
But today you called him that out of nowhere, fully meaning it. We two were in the kitchen, doing the dishes and I was out sitting at the table. You asked Felix to give you the soap, he did and suddenly you just said: "Thank you, Dad."
Believe me when I say I have never seen Felix turn around and look at me so fast. I think he was expecting me to telepathically explain what just happened to him, but I had no clue either. You never expressed any wishes or thoughts about Felix becoming your Dad, so we never pushed you. But hold shit Felix was happy about it.
After you said it, he tried to play it cool, but he excused himself a minute later to go cry in the bathroom (Happy tears of course!).
So anyway, you made my boyfriend very happy and thank you, but don't worry if you change your mind about wanting him as a Dad (I don't know how he will handle that though).
I love you, kid!

With all my heart,
Your Mom

Next week in school all that was being talked about was the tournament. It seemed like everywhere I went, that was the only thing the other students could think about. Strategies were being discussed, best player on each team, fairness and outcome. The tech-nerds had already made statistics to every and any possible aspect (win chance of every team in percent, possible wins if you switched out that and that person and so on).
In history class two of the girls behind me were whispering (very loudly) about me. At first I tried to ignore them, but after a while I gave in because they also kept getting louder as if they wanted me to hear them. Plus it was a good distraction from Atlas (he wasn't really doing anything, but sitting next to him was punishment alone, especially after what happened during the tournament).
"Okay I know he's like a super good fighter or whatever, but how? He's only the grandson of Ares, grandchildren are not that strong usually." One of the girls said. She had a super high pitched voice and one of those southern accents. That was the only reason I had a vague idea who she was. Daughter of... Eros and her name was something with a V... Valentina (not really, but that's all I can think of).
"Yes! I've always thought the same!" I had no clue who she was, but she sounded just as brain-dead as the Valentina girl. "If he had two godly grandparents like Luke and me then I would understand. But he just had Ares... that's not even a very powerful one."
There was so much to unpack in that one sentence... The way she said "Luke and me" made it sound like they were close or something, but of course that was not even close to the truth. Maybe he had made out with her once, but even then she should know that didn't make her special. Luke gave the same speech to every girl before having sex with them. The whole: I don't want a relationship, this is just for fun, I hope you know that and...blah...blah...
Another thing they got wrong is my family tree, but that was not their fault. They didn't know any better, no one at this school did.
On my first day of kindergarten my mom had a talk with me in the car. She had told me that I could tell the other kids that I was a demigod too, but I could only tell them about one of my grandparents. So I had to pick and promise I would never tell anyone about the second.
I didn't get it at first, but I did it anyway and of course picked my Moms father, Ares. At that point in my life I barely registered that I was the grandson of Athena too, because we rarely talked about it (very understandable). Later on I learned why my mom made me hide the truth about my grandparents.
When I was in first grade there was another kid with a similar family situation as me. Her Mother was the daughter of Athena and her Father the son of Ares (big difference was that they were actually in love and both parties knew that they were trying to make a baby). Unfortunately for that girl, everyone knew about it and they tore her to shreds over it. Not literally, but she did get bullied for a long time. First by the Athena and Ares kids, because neither of them wanted to acknowledge her as their sibling, and later on the other demigods joined. The girl died right before we would have gotten to highschool. Some said she was killed by a empusa, others believed it was suicide. We never heard officially.
So yeah, I was pretty glad my mom "forced" me to keep it a secret and not having to talk about my father because almost everyone thought he was a random mortal was just a bonus. Although there were some weirdos who had the theory that my mom was knocked up by Zeus, explaining why I was so good at fighting. Complete bullshit, but I couldn't convince them otherwise.
"...I mean I do think Percy is hot, but I only if I don't have a shot with Luke." The annoying voice of nameless girl got me back out of my memories. The overly coquette giggle let me know that she definitely wanted me to overhear the conversation. Valentina laughed too and then said: "Well if I could choose then I would easily spend a night with Atlas."
I didn't need to see her to know that she was looking at Atlas with the biggest googly eyes in the history of mankind. It worked. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Atlas turn around and lean forward, probably getting really close, their faces only centimetres apart. Just like when we kissed- I shook the thought off as soon as it popped up and tried to focus on Mrs. Tiller, who was currently teaching us about the Trojan war.
"I can make that happen." Atlas' voice was lower than usual. I rolled my eyes.
"Oh my gods, Atlas stop!" Valentina let out another forced giggle and there was a slapping noise. I could imagine her fake smile and her twirling her hair in a super seductive way (no idea how that worked, but the girls always did it in the movies).
"No, I'm serious! Today after school? Come to my place."
It seemed like I wasn't the only one who had enough of the conversation, because Mrs. Tiller turned around, her strict stare on the three teenagers. "You three, shut up now or you'll all get detention."
That was enough to shut them up. Even popular kids like Atlas knew it was best not to mess with Mrs. Tiller. Quietly I thanked her in my mind, finally able to focus on the lesson again.