the reaping </3

The one thing you had not expected today was to be swarmed and surrounded by classmates you knew, and most you didn't from the academy in a hall listening to a drunkard talk on about a cruel, sick game he had made in a drunken state. And yet, here you are. As you enter the hall your eyes are immediately drawn towards Arachnids group, all surrounding snow as Clemensia has her claws dug deeply into Corniolanus snows arms as he stood awkwardly, conversing with the group.

You simply let out a huff walking past them, and into an empty seat with no one else in the row. As you take a seat another presence joins your side almost immediately. "L/n."

"Well, if it isn't Sejanus Pinth." You smile looking up at the tall tanned boy. "You finally decided to join us today at this fine reaping?" He gently sits down next to you offering a friendly smile back. "Not interested with joining the others? Either then L/n?" He teases back nudging your side, also following your gaze to the screen again.

"No, not because I'm not interested, I just, I don't really know Arachnid or Clemensia that well other then when they want to give me a snarky comment in a class at the school. And I only really know Snow, if you count the occasional and awkward conversations he attempts to make with everyone he isn't comfortable with."

A loud whistle is what causes all students to be  alerted to sit down, the person you didn't expect to join you on your other side was snow, he gives you a small smile thankfully not trying to make conversation, before turning his gaze away from you.

As you sit between coriolanus and Sejanus, staring up at the large screen displaying the 10th annual hunger games title, a short exhausted, Casca Highbottom, the creator of the games who happens speaks on what is to happen every year for the games walls through the crowd he begins to clear his throat to speak after he chugs down his drink.

"The prize is a bit different this year. The top performing students will each receive a tribute, only one, and which ever tribute... performs the best, will receive the prize, winning is set aside but will be taken into consideration..."

You could see Snow begin to tense up next to you, every person in the room knew but never spoke on his situation. Out of anyone he was the one who needed the money the most after district 13 had its fall and his father died he needed a way, anyway , to pay for his life, his sisters, and his grandmothers. Sejanus looked ill probably already knowing what was to happen. you knew that his father, most likely had bought him a tribute already and had most likely made him aware of who it was. If you had to guess, someone from district 2.

"It's gonna be ok Snow, out of everyone I know, you could get a tribute to perform..?" You try and offer comfort to Coriolanus but just ended up sounding silly. He turned to you still looking somewhat constipated and tried to offer you a small, understating smile to the situation.

"Thank you y/n. I really really hope you're right."

"No problem snow." You smile back before turning your attention back to Mr Highbottom.

"Now, oh excuse me Miss arachnid. Here's announcing which tribute, will go to who."  Called Mr Highbottom.

"Tribute 1..."

You could no longer pay attention. Would you be a top performing student? At best you were just above average and your parents would never buy you a tribute like Sejanus's parents would.

"Tribute 2 male!... Sejanus Plinth."

Now he was really looking sick, you saw Coryo turn to Sejanus speaking quietly in his ear only for Sejanus to look even more upset murmuring something inaudible back.

That's something you wouldn't expect to see, Sejanus and coryo, whilst civil weren't bestfriends. Especially on Coryos part. It's strange, and yet, somewhat they click automatically. Sharp whispers were coming from Arachnid and some other students over Sejanus, 'poor guy.' You thought leaning back in your chair..

"District 7 male... Y/n L/n."

Oh.

Now that's surprising. you were a top performing tribute. You took in the image of the boy, he seemed older, 17 or 18? He wore a bent out of shape hat and had glassed over eyes, he looked ready to scream or cry. His hair looked matted and curled, He had deep dark eyes, and squared shoulders from working in the woods, his hands were tightly fisted as he stared around at all of the others from his tribute.

You felt, pity, pity for the boy, the boy who's your age and is now going to fight for his life, his district partner appears and looks even worse, her eyes red rimmed sniffling and crying as she's marched up the steps to the stage, she's  Plinys tribute?

A couple tributes later and somewhat even getting worse for snow, he received district 12s female tribute, Lucy gray Baird.

She came to the stage wearing a rainbow dress, looking... calm. Her hair was a dark wavy mix, her skin a deep olive and she looked like a performer.

"What is she wearing... is she some kind of clown?" Hissed arachnid glaring daggers into the girl on the screen.

Suddenly there's screaming coming from the screen as Lucy gray sharply moves putting a snake down one of the girls backs.

Snow jumps up causing Clemensia to jump back away from him. He stared in awe at the screen, 'maybe he does still have a chance..' you thought glancing between him and the screen.

You stare at the screen as she lays still on the ground after being smacked by the mayor and left.

She's singing.
She's performing.

Snow was smiling, he has a performer, he has a chance still. All the other students were whispering in awe at the songbird.

The ceremony is swiftly bought to an end with the appearance of the games maker, Dr Gaul. Coming in to offer announcements over the games smaller details, and offer sadistic view points to the games in general.

You look at snow, he's looking around suspiciously, strangely, standing up preparing to leave, but go where?

You look up at him, quirking a brow. He stares back at you catching your gaze before turning on his heel, gesturing me to follow, you stand up smiling gently at Sejanus offering a goodbye, before making your way to Snows side.

"I'm going to the tributes trains arrival, come with me. I need someone to cover me and you are the better person to cover me." He says leaning in slightly.

"You really do want to win huh.."

"I have nothing left to loose."

You nod slowly, determination filled you up. My tribute would be there too, maybe there's an opportunity? Maybe he could win? I don't want to see him die.. or have his blood on my hands. The prize seemed so small now compared to someone's life.
_______________________

Hey so this is cross posted on my tumblr, the7thheroine, and onto wattpad and will most likely make it to a03 :) ALSO THE TEXT LOOKS REALLY REALLY FUNKY??? ITS TEALLY WEIRD FOT LIKE TWO OR THREE CHAPTERS BUT ITS NORAML FOR THE REST